ProtoStar

What kind of response system does a protostar have?
???

it has pads

takes flowable silicone too.

K-Pad response systems.
They’re white rings.

Mine wore off in about a month but replacing it with flowable silicone is really easy on a ProtoStar.
Just watch out for the three holes that are punched it where the response system is.

Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT FLOWABLE SILICONE OF ANY KIND IN A PROTOSTAR!!!

I did this to mine and it got down in the little holes in the response area and threw the weight off.

Now it vibes like crazy and there’s no way to take it out. Just don’t do, cause you can’t control if the silicone seeps into the little holes or not.

Just use K-Pads/CBC-Pads:

Both the 888 sized pads (CBC and K) will fit the Protostar, but I recomened the yellow K-Pads, 888 sized. They last longer and provide tighter binds than the white CBC kind.

~Jump

You can use RTV, unlike flowable, RTV doesnt flow. You need to shape it yourself; this caracteristic of RTV silicone ensures that the silicone wont get on the holes.

I put flowable silicone in ALL of my protostars, no problems whatsoever. No noticable increase in vibe for me.
Love em that way

…Can’t you just place a small piece of clear tape over the holes.

Nothing bad has happened to mine when I put silicone in it. I actually like the little holes because it seem to help the silicone from getting ripped out.