protostar cracking

even after what I just said, same here! Sorry for the comment, I was a liiiitle heated about those minor cracks. The protostar is one of my favorites. Possibly #1 on the list.

…SSsssss…

The lower the price we make performance yoyos the more they will be returned. Replay was a great example. Played fantastic, but if you over tighten it or smack the ground you will break it. If it was $100 it would be great, owners would know how to respect it and treat it right but at $10 people will break it left right and center. So yes we could pull protostars from the market because people can break them, but it’s easier to let players buy them and treat them right and we treat people right who may have just been figuring it out ( not saying there is never a manufacturers defect but I am saying it is less common than user mistreatment).

If you have a problem with a stock yoyo please contact your retailer immediately. Neon collection was one single run (now sold out) so any problems are extremely rare to the point we have not had returns or reports from retailers (short of grind machine decals falling off).

Funny you should mention that. The illusion of price being equal to value is part of a current discussion in another thread.

I’ve yet to try a protostar. I thought I was getting one but after two weeks of no communication from the seller, it looks like I’ve been scammed out of one on the bst. I think I’ll try for another in a few weeks at the Ohio state contest where I can have it in my hands the second I pay for it.

My Protostar cracked in the middle, too. :confused: Check my B/S/T down below. But to me it isn’t really a problem because it still plays great, not too vibey. It had a little vibe when I got it though, But that wasn’t too big of an issue. It’s a great throw. It just needs a little TLC.

M protostars all cracked ‘-’

this uhh captures me perfectly and most likely, better than I could’ve said err… typed it.

Hey Ben, hire me.
Not asking, just telling.
I can be the designated forum poster for you, I have wit, character, and I can be a total jerk.
I don’t HAVE to be a forum poster, I’ll do anything for you. (As long as I don’t have to move.eff that.)
I just entered college and am broke beyond belief.

Hook a brother up.

My Protostar cracked a couple months after I got it. I contacted YYF, and all they said was I was being to deliberate with it. I told them I took good care if it, and I got no reply.