Project Y - Community Updates & Comments

thank you! patrick is a pleasure to work with, and watching his growth on the board alongside the other designers, and the other projects he’s worked on, i felt we’d be able to communicate well together - as we’ve done in the past in general conversation. and, we have many similar tastes.

i have a background in engineering, and i taught autocad in college. so, being able
to reflect on some of my prior knowledge while
sketching by hand, and pulling out my old statics/dynamics, etc. textbooks is helpful too.

being able to put a bit of both of us in it… like i told him, like the Wu-tang clan… YoyoMinds forming like Voltron…

now it’s gotta be someone besides me that likes it

9 Likes

I like this part too. Theres also a few millimeters of a flat rim thrown in as well. Was really inspired by some older throws for this one like the hatrick and wooly series. Was a fun yoyo to work on for sure and im super happy it came out well.

8 Likes

happy berfday

4 Likes

The schwall is nutty. It binds super smoothly. I’ll share more thoughts before it moves again but so far, this is an extremely comfortable design and I’m jammin

13 Likes

I had a suspicion it was @hobbygod before you said it. He’s starting to develop a sort of a signature aesthetic.

7 Likes

i work with the same people
i recommend to
people :wink:

and do
it again

5 Likes

I like this too much. I just might not ship it to the next guy. Sorry @fatguysnacks247 . This is when I disappear from yye and u guys never find me

7 Likes

@Mystik just so you can get a clearer pic… and so @FrankieJR doesn’t think
he can disappear and we have a record :wink:

these are the enclosed instructions with each proto (not including patrick’s)

10 Likes

This is Frank’s wife. He disappeared in the Florida Woodlands and said “I have everything I need.”

10 Likes

Thank God for wives👍

5 Likes

Chain letter yoyo R&D. Excellent.

6 Likes

exactly! and if these cats get really creative hint hint they can write little messages or caricatures of each other…

but, ya know…

6 Likes

“A man in Florida ignored this chain letter and he’s currently residing in the belly of a 20’ South American anaconda…”

8 Likes

i actually know this is a fact, because that South American Anaconda currently resides in this Florida man… :eyes::eyes::eyes:

7 Likes

What do you think is my aesthetic? I try to make each design a bit different but im sure im a little myopic when it comes to my designs as a whole :rofl:

5 Likes

The rims and transition to the hub area were what stood out to me (not necessarily the hub itself). You can have an aesthetic that is present without repeating designs, not saying the designs themselves look the same.

5 Likes

Gotcha, was just curious! I do like a clean cup/hub area, but also got a few designs that are going to change that up in the future.

5 Likes

more schwall pics, as mentioned by @FrankieJR

10 Likes

How do we get one

5 Likes

once the testers are done, pending any changes i would let you know thereafter and in the most appropriate
manner.

7 Likes