Project Y - Community Updates & Comments

That is the schmoove to end all schmooves.

6 Likes

Any 5a testing being done?

5 Likes

Great question! Iā€™d love to put it to it.
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I can do a bit tomorrow/Monday. Iā€™m not amazing at it though lol.

5 Likes

i will, but iā€™m not that great either. however, one of the testers i lined up is very good at 5a, and has a lot of experience (decades) in modding, playing and with a preference for mid- and higher wall throws. it was the folks like thisā€¦ like usā€¦ and old school folks clawing their old collections out of the closets ā€˜cuz of covid and whatnotā€¦ that i was shooting to design the throw for. it sounds silly, itā€™s like a fubu (for us by us, to the layperson) yoyo lolā€¦

imo, i got the design and throw i was looking for, and i am very happy with it thusfar. i want feedback
from the rest of the folks as well, since they may catch things i wonā€™t - which would be critical. a lot of the folks i sent it to are/may be better than me, some have very similar tastes, some have WAAAY different tastes, some make yoyosā€¦ but, i knew theyā€™d give me straight dope - because i donā€™t want to drop a turd (yoyo), and, i want yā€™all to get the straight dopeā€¦

i just donā€™t want to release bst filler

13 Likes

Is this your first release?

2 Likes

yes, itā€™s the first yoyo we/i will potentially release. we have another project thatā€™s working as well, but thatā€™s a bit further out.

5 Likes

Proto came in!

Rejects great, Regens great. Has a nice and balanced feel for the size. Like powerful but not a rock like some yoyos that size can be. Very very fun and pocketable too. Was nervous about this design because its a different size than anything else Iā€™ve done, but I am super happy with how it came out.

15 Likes

i was happy he was nervous because it meant it was a challenge for both of us :sweat_smile:

when i used to work for my grandfather he used to say, ā€œwhen itā€™s too tough for them, itā€™s just right for usā€¦ā€

yep

6 Likes

Looks great, nice and clean with enough detail if you look for it. The specs are right up my alley too - I love organics that are a little undersized and the weight is bang on.

I shall keep my eyes peeled for your release :eyes:

6 Likes

thank you man!!!

4 Likes

Come hide in Va Frankie I got you bring the throw though

6 Likes

lmfao!!! me and @FrankieJR have a g2 boxfortā€¦ somewhere between central florida and the weat coast of florida

7 Likes

Looks good and if that Marine canā€™t break it no one can

5 Likes

Snacks, if anyone should be having a yo-yo come out itā€™s you.
I love the specs, the smooov groove and high wallsā€¦ it looks incredible, you and hobby have had a beautiful child together :joy:
I would round the edge off the smooth a touch but I couldnā€™t design a terd in a tornado.
I have set aside my monies already :wink:

9 Likes

thank you man!!! appreciate the kind words, adviceā€¦ and good laugh this morning :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Sounds like HaruRay when I think of someone with decades of playing 5a

3 Likes

ahh, nope. but, iā€™m
sure heā€™ll post upā€¦ somewhere :wink:

3 Likes

also, if there are questions you folks haveā€¦ maybe things youā€™d like for us to yry out or something (within reason), weā€™ll do t best we canā€¦ we all have different preferencesā€¦

so, for example, iā€™ve been using mfd vines latelyā€¦ and i burned through one and cracked open anotherā€¦ but today, i laced up an airetic regular. i want to see how the slippiness of the nylon is in the gap comparatively

6 Likes

My only question is how to get on the elite FatGuySnacks competition team that will be stealing the title out from underneath YYF next year. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes