Prevent hijacking CTRL-F

Any way to prevent the site from hijacking the browser CTRL-F?

I know I can hit it twice but to disable the forum from doing so would be useful.

1 Like

this is a stupid hack i’ve used forever… CTRL+G (at least on firefox) is the hotkey to go to the next search result, which also opens up the search box if you don’t have it open already

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah - I use FF as well but muscle memory is always ctrl-f as you would for any other site.

1 Like

So I recently found out one of the reasons they hijack this is because when there are a lot of posts in a thread the forum software only loads a small amount of those at a time… So the normal ctrl-f won’t actually be able to ‘find’ the text easily across all posts in one thread since not all of the posts are loaded. So they actually hijacked it on purpose in that way - I do not think there is any changing it! But completely understand where you are coming from on that!

5 Likes

I can understand why he did it - And logically it makes sense, it would be nice to give the user the option to select behaviour but it’s not the end of the world.

That’s coming from sources outside our yoyo forum!

1 Like