Praise for the YoYoRecreation Impact

Hi all-

Some of you may have seen the comments I’ve made in other threads about the Impact but I thought it would be worthy of its own post.

This is just a short song of praise for a really neat modern responsive yo-yo that I think has been criminally looked-over.

The Impact is one of my favorite and most unique of any modern or vintage responsives I have played. It has a big old C bearing in it, and not that slim of a gap width- AND bizarre recessed inner walls- yet it is beautifully and reliably responsive.

The feel is unlike any other yo-yo I have played. It is heavy yet agile. You can do bizarre things with it that do not apply to other responsive yo-yos. Like you can put it in the “reverse flying trapeze” position that you would do to get into a bind- and it will not return unintentionally. Try that with most other responsive yo-yos and they will fly back on you as soon as you land them on the string.

The recessed interior is fascinating and I think gives this yo-yo some neat properties.

I really believe anyone who is a fan on modern responsive play HAS to add this to their collection. Also the price point is awesome. Especially relative to what YYR throws normally go for.

Are there any other fans of the YYR Impact on this forum? Would love to hear your thoughts

6 Likes

Thank you for showing the pictures of the middle part of this. That looks really cool with the inner part hollowed.

1 Like

It’s an awesome design! I really feel like these guys went above and beyond on the engineering side. Especially since they mostly just make unresponsive throws. This thing honestly plays like a dream and it is so unique. My friends seem to prefer it to all my other yo-yos. (Although they are “non-throwers”). But I think that speaks to something sublime on the design side

1 Like