Post your Dioramas!

16 Likes

Me: Mom, can I have a YWET?

Mom: We have YWETs at home.

YWET at home…

(Thanks @JEA86 for helping me make my dream come true!)

23 Likes

That looks fantastic

3 Likes

Sorry sorry, late to post, this arrived last week.

Diorama on the right, colourway is the NQP Ice Storm. Arrived on a snow day, so fitting for the colourway! My son’s first snow day, a great memento! :blush::snowflake:

It is very nice, I have to say though I’m still pretty set on the Panorama being the best of the two. It has a certain magic that I feel didn’t carry over to the boosted design. I will still need more time with it before I can write a comparison.

In case you were wondering why it was NQP, both sides have some water marks as well as areas where the silver is lighter in colour. Absolutely dead smooth.

15 Likes

Update:
The dark grey side effects were bothering me because they didn’t work well with the colour scheme. Swapped in blue ultra lights and BAM! Magic!

18 Likes

Alright, gang. If the honeymoon period has worn off, now what do you make of the Diorama v. Panorama?

4 Likes

I sold my Panorama quickly after getting my Diorama, they were too similar for me to justify both but I preferred the Diorama. I do not regret my decision at all, the Diorama is so effing good.

With that said, the Panorama is also really effing good, I just preferred the feel of the Diorama.

3 Likes

Don’t have a Pano, tried a friends at the recent YYWS meetup and was surprised how similar it is to the Dio. If I had to pick, i would choose the Dio simply because you can reach the same weight as the Pano with the right side effects, but the Pano can never be as light as the Dio.

7 Likes

For me, it’s no contest, the pano is better. I’m hoping to get a write up out discussing why I think so, when I have time. But overall the pano has a unique feeling on the string that I find did not carry over to the dio. I still think the dio is good, but in my opinion the pano is more unique feeling and more enjoyable to play.

7 Likes

I love how subjective things are, we basically had the opposite experience lol

3 Likes

IMO Panorama is heavier, slower, more stable, easier to control. Diorama is lighter, faster, more challenging. I pick up one or the other depending on my mood, all preference.

3 Likes

100% - My entire experience with the panorama has been rather abstract - I love how it feels in play but it’s difficult to define what makes it so unique and why. This is something that aligns closely with the description that @sakatuca provided on the OD website for the panorama. Initially I found it confusing that his design cues were so abstract and feeling-based, but now I think his dialogue is spot on. This is a reason why I have found it so hard to review the panorama. But now that I have the diorama to compare it to, it is easier for me make comments on how they differ. To me, they play quite differently.

3 Likes

I agree 100% with everything you just wrote. my hands just found the Diorama in it more often than the Panorama. In the months I had my Panorama it wasn’t in my hand nearly as often as the Diorama has been since I got it. The Diorama to me is just that yoyo that i reach for subconsciously, and it just feels right.

2 Likes

Indeed, throw preference can be sooo subjective. Interesting to read the different opinions. Seems like a close call between the Panorama and Diorama. I’m trying to save myself from doubling up on similar feeling yoyos and I have a Pano that I really enjoy but I’ll hold off on the Diorama for now (until I can score one easy, at least!).

With the subjectivity on this topic, I’m deferring to @Xanadu on this one because I think we have similar taste in yoyos.

Cheers, amigos

3 Likes

I think that is literally the best outcome that @sakatuca and OD could have hoped for from making two versions of the same overall design - catering to different tastes!

3 Likes

They really did knock this design out of the park. The profile shape and weight distribution (on both of them, they really are more similar than they are different) just feels right. I’m not sure how but the catch is ALWAYS comfortable, even when I foolishly bind immediately after a hard throw lol

3 Likes

Agreed, when I bought the panorama at launch last year, I was drawn in by how beautiful the shape was. But it was pretty different from everything I was playing at the time so I had no idea what to expect when I got it. I like to do a lot of hop tricks and didn’t think its width would lend well with that. But then I fell in love with it, without expecting to and it has become a main go to over the last year. I’ve tightened up my technique so that I can do lots of hops with it. Lately I’ve even been working on doing horizontal combos with it, just because I want to, and I’ve been getting more and more successful at that. It really is a marvelous design.

2 Likes

I don’t think I can choose. They’re both amazing.

7 Likes

(This user has been censored by forum moderators)

4 Likes

If the original Prototype ever gets released it’s like a 3rd version of it. IF I had to choose, it may be that one. I’ve spent the most time on it, and gravitate to it when I go to grab one of them.

5 Likes