Porcupines throw their needles up to 50ft!

Not really. However the group I found hiding behind trees from a porcupine seemed to believe it. Today I discovered a mother and daughter that had become lost yesterday, (cell phone battery died), and spent the night huddled together in the mountains, less than a quarter mile from their vehicle. Nobody had missed them because they hadn’t let anyone know where they were going or when they’d be back.

Please remember that there still are some places, wonderful places, that are pretty rugged and primitive. Go enjoy those places but be prepared and let some body know where you are going and when you intend to be back.

It’s important!

3 Likes

Wow how did you find them? What would have happened to them if you hadn’t found them?

Just happened upon them while riding my mountain bike. Cell phone reception is still spotty here at best and often there is none. It’s not uncommon to find people that are unprepared and have become disoriented or lost. First time I’ve discovered anyone that has been lost over night.

It would be terrible to be lost over night but I can’t imagine what it would be like to have a child with you.

3 Likes

Wowzers!!! That’s dreadful!

Good thing you found them!