Watch your stuff during the holidays everyone...

The holidays can bring out the best, but also the worst in people…

I was on the bus today heading home from shopping in the city, and as the bus pulled into a stop, a man reached and grabbed my handbag and ran off the bus with it. I tried to chase the man but he was extremely fast and dodged swiftly through crowds of people.

Inside was my phone, CLYW Puffin, Triad, and the YYJ classic I keep for letting people try out when they see me.
Luckily, I had my wallet with my money, credit cards, etc with me in my jacket so this person didn’t get that, but obviously I am quite upset over what was taken. It was this time of the year that my parents house got broken into and had many belongings stolen. So unfortunate.

Anyways, just a word of warning you guys. Its a desperate time of the year, and wherever you go, people are looking for an opportunity. Keep your belongings close and be aware.

:frowning:

Sorry to hear that.
Good advice.

I’m also sorry to hear this. But, please think twice before chasing after a thief. Material possessions can eventually be replaced, your life can not.

1 Like

Oh no! I’m super sorry to hear that.

Such a shame, too, the Puffin is a delightful yo-yo.

Forgets about the $600 phone

1 Like

Usagi, have you considered using find my iPhone (if you have an iphone) to locate your handbag? It tracks where your phone is through the Wi-Fi.

only works if she had the app and the their hasn’t wiped it… if he was smart he would wipe it as soon as he went through everything on it…

That would be a non-issue if the phone was locked.

if it was an iphone…

iphones are relatively easy to break into using the camera function on the start screen…its almost funny how easily it can be done with minor hacking experience.

but knowing usagi codes and does tech she probably doesnt have a iphone… probably more like a samsung or something of that nature…

anyway this is all besides the point that she lost her stuff and this is sad. We should take to account that we need to keep our stuff closer to use this winter. This only proves the fact i need to move my gaming computer into bed with me so its harder to steal… ;D

I can confirm, I was the thief. Been looking for a Puffin in that colourway for ages, so when I saw it I just had to have it. :-\

Couldn’t agree more. Ive read plenty of news stories in my time of people that were stabbed/attacked/killed after chasing and catching up with thieves. It just isn’t worth risking your life for, you never know what kind of person you’re dealing with.

Sorry to hear that this happened though. Even though I was the one who did it.

1 Like

Well gambit we are going to have to confiscate your foam cubes…