POPStar Review

Great review! I totally agree with it. All except for the vibe part. My Popstar is completely vibeless, for some reason.

thanks. im getting a starlight and popstar coming today.

Hope you enjoy them :wink:

Now Iā€™m planning to get a Popstar cause itā€™s cheaper than the other pocket yoyos.

True and the funny thing is, is that Iā€™ve seen reviews that state itā€™s better than the Dingo, I canā€™t attest to that since Iā€™ve never played with a Dingo but itā€™s and interesting thing.

I have both, and I feel that the Dingo is slightly smoother than the Popstar, as the Popstar has a snap at the end of the string when you throw it, right after unboxing it(so the response is still fresh), while the Dingo still stays smooth, even after a few months. I prefer the shape of the Popstar though. it feels better in the hand. The Dingo just doesnā€™t have the feel of a butterfly shape.

^Iā€™ve only had that snap from a sloppy bind, and when I first got it. I think Iā€™ve gotten used to it during the week that this snap seems nonexistent, my throws have gotten smoother with it.

Ironically, Iā€™ve noticed my landing trapezes have had more consistent landing using this yo-yo. Maybe Iā€™ll go back to a wider one to see how much more consistent I can beā€¦maybe notā€¦too hooked on this yo-yo. It has not left my pocket all week. Messed with it some at work (during lunch and showing a coworker), messing with it at the mall (All the snotty people sort of look at you weird), and everywhere else (little kids start to watch). And as mentioned, mine came in pretty fast. I was expecting it to probably arrive today at the latest.

my popstar has absolutely terrible annodizing on it. i got the blue. but its still awesome for the price.

If thereā€™s something wrong with the ano then send a message to YYF (http://www.yoyofactory.com/contact/index.php) theyā€™ll most likely replace it. Warrantyā€™s are there for a reason  :slight_smile:

Isnā€™t it almost exactly the same as the 44Clash Special Edition except without th ā€˜Hā€™ shape? I have the 44Clash and it is extremely funā€¦ hot pink rules!

i just got me another one. this one is blue like CLYWs but the anno doesnā€™t look bad. this one however doesnā€™t vibe like my red one did. too bad that my other popstar isnā€™t red anymore.

Thanks for the review but can you get through a longer trick like skin the gerbil or will it spin out like a lot of cheap yoyos ???

thanks for the reveiw. but i am still getting a grind machine ;D

I can get through skin the gerbil just fineā€¦ You just have to be steady

im not sure if this will help but it helps when i do this with my yoyos. Switch the spec bearing to either a 10 ball or a yoyojam speed bearing. That should get rid of the vibe if u want to get rid of it. I absolutely hate vibe so thats what i always do it will make the yoyo a little more smoother :slight_smile:

Why are people so concerned with vibe and almost any 20$ can get you through skin the gerbil, easily. You just need practice.

I put a konkave bearing in mine. I can do any trick with it now. The bearing totally eliminates the tilting issues. Unless you suck then it will spin out. But so will anything if your not good enough at it.

i am probably going to get one with a another ten ball or a konkave bearing :slight_smile:

I love mine!!! Itā€™s a little beast!

For 25 dollars vibe doesnā€™t bother me at all. This was
the best yoyo for the money until I got a Aoda the littles for 15 dollars. But I still love throwing this thing from time to time still.

And the only reason that I mentioned vibe is because one of them had and another did not which I thought was kind of weird. yeah I put a konkave in mines but my 10 ball wouldnā€™t fit so I left the other one stock.