PopCast: Interview with Jon Gates

My interview with Jon Gates is live. We talk about the history of offstring, his time at YoYoJam, what it was like to be a pro at the beginning of the yo-yo boom (1998), how 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A got their names, and much more. Enjoy!

17 Likes

I was lucky enough to hang and throw around with Jon at our last club meet in denver . What a wonderful human lol legit just so friendly, happy and fun to be around. I really hope he shows up to our next meet again so he can teach me to bind an offstring lol. Great podcast with great people!! :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, he’s an amazing storyteller with an apparently photographic memory and he really conveys the joy and obsession with yoyo so clearly. Great interview!

1 Like

A good pal and integral member of Mile High Yoyo (as well as member of the Yoyo Hall Of Fame). Always full of cool stories and bits of nostalgia I can’t wait to watch!

2 Likes

This is really awesome. So glad you got this interview video with John Gates.
His handmade yoyo’s are really awesome.
Just some information he has some crazy awesome 4a binds. He borrowed my YYF Flight at yoyo club and it was crazy what kind of 4a regens he could do off the first throw.

3 Likes