PNWR 2019-Whats the scoop

So I’m definitely going to attend this year’s event and was hoping to find out a little more so I can dial in my plans.

From what I’ve read on the site, competition is going to take place on a single day, with other happenings before and after. I won’t be competing, but I’m wondering if this is just a one day thing, or if it’s a multi-day/weekend type of thing.

I’m conveniently located in Portland, so I’m thinking I’ll take the easy train ride up to Seattle. I’m trying to figure out if I should get a hotel room to attend everything (if it’s more than one day), or just get a ticket back that same night after the event

Also, what am I gonna wanna do/bring to be ready to get the most out of the experience. This will be my first yoyo event, and I’m just not sure what to expect. I’m assuming there will be vendors, so I’m thinking I’ll want to bring some cash for shiny new throws, as well as a beater or two for jamming with people up there.

Basically, if someone could fill me in on what I should expect, that’d be much appreciated.

And if anyone is gonna be attending, post up here. I’m looking forward to meeting you guys, and more of the community in general. All of my experiences so far have been overwhelmingly positive, so I’m sure I’m gonna have a ton of fun at this event.

Thanks everyone for filling me in, and I hope to see you all there!

4 Likes

Don’t know about how long it is so I can’t help you there. But yes! Bring money you will find a great many of yo-yos you will want. You should bring some you may plan on selling or trading. And expect to have a whole lot of fun

3 Likes

Expect a lot of fun and an empty wallet by the end of it!

I’ll be attending this year, and there is a schedule posted on the official website which tells you everything that’s happening and when except for the preparty.

1 Like

Ya I checked the website, but it seems like they haven’t really finalized alot of the info on there

They say that Feb. 23 is the main day, with the competition taking place from 10am onward

I guess I’m just wondering if anything is going on either the day before or the day after. They mention hotels and that there is a. Official hotel for the event. This leads me to believe there is more going on, or I don’t see why they’d have a designated hotel if it’s just a one day thing.

Anyone that can help me figure this out, please chime in. Trying to book hotel if need be, and buy Amtrak tickets asap, so I need to know which dates I should be shooting for.

Thanks everyone, hope to see you there!

2 Likes

Day before is preparty BBQ thing, they dont really say where it is until pretty close to the contest, but it’s normally later in the day

2 Likes

Ok so I’m thinking I’m gonna wanna aim to be up there for the 22nd and the 23rd (contest day) then?

So stoked to meet all you fine yoyo people. Really hoping I can learn some stuff too. And I’ll definitely bring some cash, as I know I’m gonna want to grab a few new throws.

Come onnnn February haha

3 Likes

You gonna be attending Mr. Smileybeard?

Here’s the link to the web site: https://yoyocontest.com/pnwr/

1 Like

Ya lve read the website.

It’s essentially blank in regards to pre-party and anything other than competition scheduling, so I’m just trying to find out a little bit more about when to plan to be there

I’m assuming they’ll be updating the website at some point, but I figured it might be harder to book hotel/figure out transportation if I wait too long.

1 Like

FYI - saw on the facebooks today that they’re lookin’ for a photographer.

mgodzilla

cloudy…

2 Likes

Why do your posts always say “mgodzilla cloudy” at the end?

He must be our local Portland weatherman.

Always cloudy, chance of rain :frowning:

2 Likes

YYF just said Nates new yoyo will be releasing on PNWR. Its going to be awesome! I’m so hyped!

Oh sick! I’ll have to keep my eyes peeled for that, I’m definitely looking forward to grabbing a few new yoyos.

Is there any info on this throw yet? I’m not familiar

It’s the Seattle weather report.