PMs\Messages

Dealing in BST more frequently, I have had a few issues with communication.

Sometimes I don’t remember what was last stated because, unless you check the box to send it to your outbox or if the reply doesn’t have the quoted message, its always like a new message.

I think a threaded message with the entire conversation in each reply would be a great improvement. KInda like gmail or something. Most email clients have this kind of feature.

Just fix your user profile to always copy to your outbox. It’s easy todo.

I have.

Its still not as good as a threaded message.

More back and forth than I would prefer. It would be much smoother to just scroll the message to read all the details of that particular conversation.

Use something like Wordpad or Notepad or even SimpleText and track it on your own. Also, quote your responses so you can keep track of things and like has been said, save all outgoing messages.

That’s a great idea to keep organized. But it adds weight to my point. That is quite a few extra steps especially if you have several conversations going at once, as I have reciently found myself. If te messages were threaded. It would eliminate those steps and the need for a second program to carry a conversation.

While I’ve managed to avoid running into this type of problem, I still like the idea.

We do like the idea. But it’s not a super easy thing to implement right now. But it is a good idea.

2 Likes

I find being organized and not being so lazy are extemely helpful traits.

Log conversations in different files. It’s not that difficult. I mean, copy and past has been around for a very long time.

Plus, you can’t do anything about proper dialogue flow when the other person can’t or won’t use the QUOTE function or chooses to reply ABOVE rather than below. Conversational flow.

I had some jerk of a client get all nasty on me for posting event pictures and video on my web site. Back-story was he paid me crap for an event, strung me along for a year regarding his next event then screwed me a week before by hiring a different sound company and I had informed him that I had been holding that date for him(and others wanted it) I merely re-directed him to our emails that gave permissions for the usage of MY photos and MY video. Idiot worked for a law office too, thinks he’s an attorney now or something. Once I showed him I had proof of permissions granted, he magically vanished.

All web forums I have seen do not do threading for personal messages, only for the forums. It wouldn’t require a total rewrite of the script, merely a modification. But, just like in email, the ability to track conversations is restricted by who does and doesn’t quote Again, I suggest organization. You can move conversations to specific labels that you can make and track them that way. It’s not perfect but it will keep them together when you need them.

If you want it like your email then in the pm trade email addresses and there ya go.

1 Like

tisk tisk, assuming someone is lazy and unorganized is not very polite. :slight_smile:

This is a suggestions forum, right?

I know its not difficult to use copy and paste, I am simply making a suggestion that i feel would make messaging a more pleasant experience.

Word.

I think they’re just pointing out the options in view of the code limitations of using canned software.

Just to distract from the topic at hand, but I noticed it said PMs\Messages.

I read it real fast as PMS messages.

Which, actually, would explain why my wife is constantly sending me annoying text messages a few days a month.

Just had to report that. I’m tired!

2 Likes

LOL!!!