Please help with my English assignment

I would appreciate it if all of you guys could help me with an assignment. Please post one piece of advice or bit of wisdom that would help someone become a better person. It would also be helpful if you put your name in the post. The name part is obviously optional, but would be helpful. Thanks everyone.

Bump

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should even if everyone else is.

^
|
Thats an Abby quote or moral that I live by.

2 Likes

“Don’t get excited.”- TJ Padgett. My dad. Something he always says. It means to not freak out or panic when there’s no excuse to. It is the single best piece if advice I’ve ever been given. I follow this until I hit the court in basketball. I panic cuz I suck lol…

1 Like

I’ll adopt you

2 Likes

“If you can’t walk, try roller skating.”

~Mason DeVriend

1 Like

Not 100% sure what you’re asking for, but if it’s motivation you need:

Just read every single post in that thread. By the end I guarantee you’ll feel ready to tear the Earth in half with your bare hands.

Also, pretty much ANY Greg Plitt video:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=greg+plitt+motivation&sm=3

You now have more inspiration than a man could ever need.

1 Like

“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.”

~Emiliano Zapata

Why would you adopt me? My pops is still kickin’. I am only thirteen, after all.

He who says the past cannot be changed has not yet written his memoir.
-Forgot who

Eagles may soar in clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines
-Again, forgot

1 Like

Learning that-

“If you see a beautiful flower, don’t pick it. For if you pick it, then it will die. Love is about appreciation, not control.” -Ghandi

1 Like

“Don’t fear the chicken”- my dad.

I am yoyowoodchuckguy.

Thanks everybody!

No problem. Just do me one favor… Fill me in on this assignment! I’m intrigued :slight_smile:

For me:

Never be afraid to try. Even if you try and fail, if you can learn something from that, then you haven’t truly failed. However, if you refuse to try, then you fail. If you try, you might succeed.

I will take HUGE risk at events to push the envelope and see where I end up. I never completely fail, as I can always discover things aren’t working and fall back to a safer position. But, I will learn from the attempt and figure out what went wrong and try again as soon as I can again. Sometimes things simply don’t work and I have to give up on that and try something else.

I will also set my crew up to fail all the time. I don’t just do this out of some sick sense of enjoyment. I want to see how they handle the situation. I intend to let them learn from the experience so they never have that problem again. I won’t let them flat out fail though. I’m also pleasantly surprised by how often they find the issue and fix it without having to involve me. I must therefore be doing something right.

1 Like

Our teacher got us all a dollar, and we had to come back the next class with something new and it had to be with more than the dollar. So, I was getting a bunch of “advice.”

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

“The early bird gets the worm, but the second rat gets the cheese.”

Forget where I heard that