Please add these 2 features...

I’m new to the forum, but I think 2 features would greatly improve the site.

1. There should be an indicator of how responsive the yoyo is out of the box and if it can be modified to be more or less responsive. Sometimes the written description says this, but many times it does not. I find myself leaving the site temporarily to find a review on another site for a specific yoyo, or I go to the manufacturer’s site to try and find out. You want shoppers to get all the answers in one place cause if they leave, they could get side tracked and never return to buy something. I’m fairly new to this so I’m still buying yoyos under $60 and I’ve tried to guess responsiveness and it’s been a hit or miss. I bought several that are clearly unresponsive and above my skill level. I’d hate to have to ask each time I’m interested in a yoyo because a reply may not come in for 24 hours.

2. The second feature would be one where you click on a particular yoyo, and it will show you all the yoyos most similar to that one…“ones you would like if you already have that yoyo and like using it.”. If I like the Dark Magic, all similar yoyos should show up in thumbnails at the bottom of the page so I can browse one by one.

I’m curious what others think of this. Thanks.

I like the second one but the first one is hard. ANy yoyo can be made responsive or unresponsive but a lathe and lots of money could be involved.

all you need to make ANY yoyo responsive is thick lube. You can get it here. Cheap too. all you need to do it put a drop of thick lube in the bearing and bam, suddenly responsive.

The second part will take way too much constant coding. It would be a nightmare.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’m still learning so I’ll try that tip about the lube. I bought an AODA mini once and just looped the string around the yoyo like 4 times and BAM responsive now. As you state…depends on the yoyo and the effort I wanna make. I’d just like a heads up how it will be right out of the box.

Also, instead of coding, they could use a system like Netflix has for movies…a rating system where those who rated the Dark Magic 5 stars or whatever, also rated these yoyos 5 stars and have those yoyos show up in thumbnails at the bottom of the screen. That would be cool because once the system is in place, not much else required… Thanks guys.

Yeah but it still takes a lot of coding to do that especially if there is a new yoyo out every month or so.

I see. Well, as the company grows, perhaps it would be an option to consider…in the long run. Let’s hope it does well enough to warrant all that coding in the future.