Could we get someone to sticky a topic similiar to this?

Ok tons of people seem to ask which yoyo should I get or, can I make this yoyo unresponsive?

1. Which yoyo should I get.

In todays age most yoyos are good. Plastic or all metal still good. yoyojam makes hybrid yoyo’s that are metal plastic fusions, these are excellent yoyos for a good price. It really isnt necessary to pay more but that is where it just comes down to preference. Andre himself uses a Dark Magic which is a 40 dollar yoyo. All metals offer some things that plastic doesn’t such as, Better grinding surfaces and typically better stability, and longer sleeps to mention a few. Although all the sleep time you need is enough to finish your trick. So really which yoyo you should choose is the one that you want to get.

2. Can this yoyo be unresponsive or. Can this yoyo be responsive?
    All yoyos can be made Responsive or Unresponsive. Typically to make it responsive you would put a drop of thick lube into the bearing. This would make it responsive enough to just tug the yoyo string and it would return to your hand. Other ways to make yoyo responsive would be different types of response pads. Duncan makes friction stickers which make the yoyo pretty responsive.
    Unresponsive. Usually just add a drop of thin lube to the bearing. This causes the yoyo to be dead responsive making it necessary to “Bind” the yoyo back to your hand. Other methods are recessing the response grooves and or removing one of the response pads.

Hope this answers just a couple of the major thread questions that keep popping up.

Thanks
Steel ( Hopefully most of my info was correct )

you are wrong about the unresponsive part. adding thin lube makes it more responsive. people just do it to make the bearing last longer. the real way to make a bearing less responsive is to clean it.

also not all yoyos can be unresponsive. i have never seen anyone mod an imperial to be unresponsive

Congrats for finding one of our many flaws, now go hop into the sheep pen with all the other public service announcements.

\

whats that supposed to mean?

Also here is a modded imperial. http://www.theyo.com/yoyo/showthread.php?t=46227

1. Don’t double post

2. Do you think most people would go through all that trouble just to get an imperial unresponsive?

Does it really matter? The point is that IT CAN be made unresponsive, which fully relates to what he originally stated.

exactly and this guy states he liked the yoyo enough to mod it. im sure there are others.

Ok then, lets refer to the first post. He said any yoyo can be made unresponsive and the ways he put were to put thin lube in, recessing the response grooves, and/or removing one response pad. The first problem is that thin lube increases the life of the bearing but also making it slower thus making the yoyo more responsive. The second problem is the imperial has no bearing to put thin lube on. The third problem is the imperial has no response grooves. And the final problem is that no where does it say you can make a yoyo unresponsive by MODDING it. Maybe if you put that in your post I wouldn’t need to say any of this. And thin lube doesn’t make the yoyo dead responsive…

Thin lube only slows your bearing down temporarily. Keep playing it and don’t clean it, and it will spin just as well if not better than any cleaned bearing and it won’t crap out on you.
Cleaning bearings is pretty much for losers.

I’m really disappointed that the imperial mods’ pictures aren’t showing up for me… I was really wondering about that.

Who would mod a 2 dollar yoyo?

I guess a person that loves an imperial…

Here is my opinion on all this sticky worthy posting.

Stop. Everyone know’s that most people won’t read the stickies unless someone links them to one.
Also quit trying to get yourself a sticky. It’s ridiculous. You asked the same questions when you first started. Why can’t everyone else ask them. They are new and want to know.

Another thing, If you are not sure about the subject then don’t try to act like you know everything. It’s sad when someone posts about a subject, then someone that know’s more comes in and corrects you. Makes you look foolish.
I think we should all forget about telling people what to do and just answer the questions they have.

Now I’m not the biggest fan of “which yoyo should I buy” type threads but I posted one about 6 years ago. Why? Because the review’s didn’t tell me what I wanted to know. So I asked.
Funny thing is I didn’t get ridiculed for it back then. Only in the last two years has that happened to people it seems.

Bottom line is we are here to learn and help others learn. Becoming friends with others and getting information about meets and contests too.

I say go yoyo for a while and give up on the “STICKY QUEST”.

Ok, but one question Casey… who was phone?

I wasnt telling anybody what to do and I also am not acting like a know it all. Right at the end of my post it says HOPEFULLY I HAVE ALL MY INFO CORRECT. That doesnt sound like a know it all. And I am not trying to get a sticky either my original title say could we get someone to sticky a topic similiar to this. I am only trying to help begginers so yah thanks for bashing my efforts.

Oh, you’re incredibly welcome. I suggest you read Icthus’s post one more time. He hit a lot of important spots, especially in the 4th paragraph. Now, I personally think you went out to get this thread stickied, but I’m not one to judge. The fact is, we can’t know whether you are telling the truth are not, but it’s pretty silly of you to post a thread like this trying to help out beginners when you didn’t have factual information yourself. Are you sure you’re not a beginner too yoyofool? Your username certainly suggests it.

I think I will switch to TheYo.com people there seem to be friendlier. I dont know what all your guys problems are but whatever.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

Im just gonna remove this thanks.

Everyone relax, and stop being so condescending!

And here is the biggest thing:

Stop telling other members what to do, and what to and not to post. Everyone on here has he same amount of authority, eXperts included. Feel free to make friendly suggestions, but do not make demands. If you really think something shouldn’t be posted, again ‘report to moderator’. I can’t stress enough that friendly debates are one thing, rudeness is another.

You’re not Andre. You’re not Chris. You’re not me. I say this in the most humble of ways: Moderators are the only ones who should be enforcing the rules. It may be true that we don’t have enough mods, but when you report stuff it gets taken care of almost immediately.

I’m not sure about Chris, but Andre and I both get e-mail notifications on our phones, and can respond to them right then and there. If you want to help, report it. Other wise it wont been seen until one of us goes through ALL the posts that day, and that takes a while.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like