Pinball Thread

Looks like there are at least a few pinball fans/collectors on here. Yo-yo has taken over my free time in the past year or so for a number of reasons, partially because I can do it without waking up the kids. Still love pinball though and look forward to being able to play outside the house soon. What games do you have/like? I’m really looking forward to the Fathom remake announced from a company in Australia a few months ago.

4 Likes

Oi! I’ll jump in too, my wife and I and have become major pinheads over the last several years. A local brewery arcade had opened near us and it quickly became our weekly date night destination. Then we started participating in free tournaments and eventually bought our first machine!

We now have/had 5 different machines:
1993 Data East Last Action Hero (bought, restored and sold)
1977 Bally Eight Ball (got in a trade, restored)
1971 Bally Four Million BC (bought and restored)
1973 Bally Time Zone (bought as a termite infested basket case, restoration is currently on hold…but is nearly done!)
2020/2021 Spooky Rick and Morty (our first NIB game!)

Hopefully once we move, we’ll have room for 5 to 7 games in a proper lineup! Sometimes I can’t believe we have 3 in our tiny apartment :crazy_face:

Looking forward to the new Mandalorian game from Stern (to play on location).

Also, if you haven’t found it yet… Pindigo is a great app to help you keep track of high scores and the machines you’ve played. It’s a neat way to keep up with fellow pinheads and compare high scores (based on machine or even specific machine on location!) You can follow other players (sort of like Instagram). Feel free to find me on there as “Iwasthebruce”.

5 Likes

Yo pinball people! Our lineup has changed a bit, I just finished resurrecting a 1976 Bally Hang Glider this past weekend. What a cool game, shoots fast and has roll overs, drop target bank, a ripping spinner, and it hands out extra balls like they’re going out of style!

Older games have all the charm :grin:

9 Likes

Wow that’s insane !!! Are those machines in your home !!! Man that’s so cool :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow, I love that and I want to hangout at your house :crazy_face:

1 Like

Yeah, we’re crazy :sweat_smile:

Started with one and they just keep multiplying!

2 Likes

Love those classic Ballys. And still have yet to play a Rick and Morty.

1 Like

Us too! Classic Bally games are some of the best, and they’re solid players. The other guys made some cool ones too, definitely have some Williams and Gottlieb games in our wishlist.

Rick and Morty is super cool, it’s a tough fast game like most Spooky machines…best to find one at a friend’s or a free play arcade. I, of course, have beaten it silly several times now. I even hold the top score on Pindigo!

#1 out of 233 players :muscle:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome! Congrats. Not familiar with Pindigo, but if it’s like twin galaxies (was?) for pinball, very nice. And yes, agreed on Gottlieb, Bally and the rest. Every one of those companies and the other ones made some great stuff. Many different golden eras of pinball depending on your generation. My personal favorite period was the WPC era after the two biggies merged. The twisted humor from the late 80s got a little more refined and the DMD displays and depth was / is just perfect for my IQ level :slight_smile: . Some of the newer games are just a bit too complicated for me.

1 Like

Got 3 - Funhouse, Whirlwind, and Taxi!

7 Likes

What a good kittie :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Three of my faves. I told my daughter that she sounds like Rudy (“I’m not happy with you now” or whatever it is). Then I tried to show her a video of him talking and all the videos were people showing the mechanism disassembled with the eyes moving around and the face removed so I thought it might induce nightmares. I’ll have to show it to her on the PS3 version if I can find it.

Taxi is the first game I ever bought way back in 1994 or so. I’ve been sitting on a repro playfield for a few years as well hoping to find the time to install it and clean up the whole game.

1 Like

Highscore by a huge distance, awesome!!!

2 Likes

my wife, kid and i are big fans of pinball, we’ve been to the pinball museums
in asheville and there’s another in the nc/blue ridge area and i can’t remember the town right now. there’s also a handful of local places that have a good amount of machines that they rotate regularly.

we used to have a motordome, it was pretty fun. however, i got tired of the finicky nonsense and sold it until i come across a simpsons machine lol

4 Likes

Love pinball machines!

My favorite when I majored in pinball at the university student center back in the early 70s was one called Atlantis. I believe it was a Bali machine.

I would love to have a nice pinball machine at home.

4 Likes

Pinball Museum in Asheville is choice! That’s where I fell in love with 4 Million BC.

I’ve been really lucky to play all over:

My last visit to the Hall of Fame was before they moved into the new location. I’ll make it to the new one eventually! There’s also the Silver Ball Museum in South Florida that we need to visit some time.

Owning a machine, whether 60 years old or brand new, is always going to entail some maintenance and the occasional troubleshooting. For me though, that’s most of the appeal!

Reviewing schematics with my jr. engineer while troubleshooting Hang Glider:

6 Likes

I have a neighbor who lives alone but has over 30 pinball machines in his house. It’s mind boggling. Don’t have a pin ball machine but I do have bubble hockey!

7 Likes

Your jr engineer is adorable :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

I try to play Pinball Circus every time I go to the Hall of Fame in LV. @fos1 now seems to be a decent time to pick up 1970s machines. You can probably find at least one of your favorites if you keep your eyes on Craigslist for a bit.

3 Likes

Plethora of pinball action located here in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas. Troll routinely plays at a vintage place called, “Cactus Jacks.” started in the 70’s Now, Oklahoma’s largest collection of rotating pinball machines.

Here are some cool images of the local Pinball “YouTubers” video streaming rig. On league night the gang routinely has about 500 viewers with added commentary for live streams. The video rig is mounted on castor wheels, able to move easily from one board game to another…Rad!

I love old school Taxi, and the new Rick n Morty.

Great Thread:)

5 Likes