Pickaxe thinking about getting thoughts needed

How is this for thumb grinds and finger grinds thinking about getting one thoughts are appreciated thanks!

finger grinds alright, thumb grinds are possible but not excellent due to not much space to work with. Fun throw, pretty zippy. Does not remind me of chief other than appearance.

3 Likes

Meh.

I’m in the same boat. Was disappointed in the pickaxe, I’m not a fan at all.

1 Like

I was really excited about the release of the pickaxe when it first came out, the idea of a mini chief blew my mind!

But when I got my hands on it, I realised it was nothing like a Chief in play. A bit too light for the design. If they used steel rings in the inner hub somehow, it would be a really great throw. Missed oppertunity I think.

Looks great and is a really fun throw though. The finish makes it good for grinds and if it is tilted so you catch the inner ring, can do thumb grinds without slipping off. Very light yoyo and feels light in play. Good to mess around with but layers of string can really slow it down.

4 Likes

I thought it was hella fun, but fell in line with a few other throws I have, so it’s for sale now! :wink:

1 Like