Outlier+ Thoughts/Reviews?

I’ve had my eye on this throw for a bit now, and I’m about to bite the bullet (most likely early next week putting my order in).

What are the community’s thoughts on Brandon Vu’s competition throw?

I haven’t played either of his previous models, but have been following him for a few years and have purchased string and bearings from his store!

Thanks in advance, peeps! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have it - it’s pretty good. If you really like the other outliers it’s a go.

That being said there was a thread somewhere where it was compared to the Seiji and the Seiji “won” out.

I have both and I can say that the Seiji is IMO the winner.

BUT - if you like the previous releases of the outlier you will LOVE it - if you are “meh” about it you will probably be nonplussed when you receive it

1 Like

I must have missed that thread! That insight is invaluable; I just searched said Seiji model on the shop, and it’s indeed the same price as the Outlier+ atm.

My initial concern was the Outlier+ feels like a lot for 6061 alloy, even with the shape and craftsmanship. All the other Offset throws are the same alloy from what I’ve seen (nothing wrong with this, just influences my choice a tad).

The Seiji, by comparison, is 7068.

1 Like

I know it’s all extremely subjective - I almost hate to comment because it is so much due to personal preference.

But the Seiji has gotten way more time from me than the outlier. Both great, but personally Seiji blew me away

2 Likes

Not even joking, I’m already leaning more toward the Seiji because of the aluminum used.

Sleeping on it one more day, then placing my order Monday morning throw or the other!

2 Likes

The more I look into the Outlier+, the less it seems people are impressed with it. It’s been out for months and I’ve yet to see it presented as a must-have throw in any capacity. The only one I was interested in was the white magnesium w the silver rims for $140.

Fairly certain the Seiji is my next throw purchase.

1 Like

Good choice! The seiji is in my top 5 all time favorite throws. If I had to leave and could only take a few with me, it would make the cut. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

2 Likes