PGM Axle..stripped?

Okay…so I got the PGM today, and while playing and working on my skills (noob here) it hit the floor by accident, I’d say about as hard as every beginner hits the floor, not hard enough to smash it but not exactly a light tap tap to the floor either. The axle itself was acting as if it was stripped…I couldn’t screw the halves back together to form the PGM itself, checked the axle and it wasn’t stripped or had any signs, and yeah…I can’t put it back together,lol…sigh. I try and one half doesn’t stay, while the other half pretty much eats the axle and I have to unscrew it out and voila, one axle and two halves of a yoyo still not together… :confused: Ideas? (Love my luck…lol)

The PGM is stripped not the axle it’s self but where the axle screws in. I hope that made sense.

Yeah,I was figuring as much, hoping it wasn’t so though, gah…my luck as usual,lol.

yay! Fixed it, apparently some of the plastic excess or whatever got lodged in the axle part that the axle was being screwed into, wasn’t catching and I had to clean it out, did like a toothpick and picked it out, put the PGM back together no prob. Just scared now to take it apart,lol.

Glad you fixed it.

Since the PGM axle is a nut and bolt assembly a stripped axle is not a big concern. Just get a new one at the hardware store. A bigger concern is if you break the hub assembly it fits into. If you just strip out the hex hole the nut or bolt fits into so it turns when you try to tighten it, also no big deal. A little epoxy will cure that.

what do i do if my PGM axle is stripped??? ??? ??? ??? ???

it pops out with the stacks, so you can replace it.

Go to the hardware store and buy 4mm x .7mm pitch bolt of suitable length and a nut to fit.

Not sure those will work. The PGM uses a nut and bolt type axle.