Perfect yoyo post #1,327

Bruh, this is my 5th one, and its probably getting annoying, but
I’m prolly gonna edit this one soon

• wide, but not mega wide like dd 5050
  • powerful, but can still play fast
  • decent fingerspins (mainly 4 the DNA)
  • a bit on the heavy side, with beefy rims like jds shutter
  • something like the <recog, jds shutter, iq/r type, solstices, Invictus, happo, and deviant>
  • MUST BE $65 OR LESS
  • H or V shape
  • QUIET (would get new iceberg but ppl say its loud)
  • spins LONG
  • maybe pre lubed? (doesn’t need 2 be)
  • stable and sturdy
  • preferably metal
  • good for intermediate players (me)

<the yoyos mentioned are ones I’m considering>

1 Like

Just get the Recog. It fits everything on your list. It is not the as wide as the 5050 but plenty wide to complete modern tricks. It is not specifically designed for fingerspins but they are definitely not difficult on the recog.

2 Likes

You might want to consider the Topyo Null, I’ve been dailying one for a few weeks and it’s very impressive for it’s low price.
The one box it does not tick on your list is the “plays on the heavy side” box, as the Null is pretty much in the middle for play feel. So if that’s a deal breaker I’d skip it. Otherwise I’d say it’s worth a look at least.

Ivan

3 Likes

The Null is a good option as well. I feel that the recog has a more interesting shape and has more power and stability, but the null is a little more catchable and is less aggressive/more chill in play.

Both are amazing competition monometals for good prices.

Why do you keep creating posts with the same topic?

3 Likes

a shutter and all the time made posting you’d be killing it by now.

12 Likes

im not 100% aware of yoyos, and Ive made these with my updates preferences

2 Likes

Why did you change your under $69 to under $65? Why would you move your budget number to just four dollars less than it was? Why are you making so many posts about the same thing when you could’ve easily change the title and edited your first post or your second one or your third one or your fourth one or whatever? Are you trying to be unintentionally annoying? Or are you making an exerted effort to be deliberately annoying.

I understand you may be new here. And I understand that you may not know much about yoyos. So based on that it should be understood that you probably don’t know many tricks. And based on that having us all decide what is the perfect yo-yo for you doesn’t make any sense when you think about it. We don’t even know what the perfect yo-yos are for us. Let me introduce myself> Hello my name is Mo. I throw yo-yos I have over 1500 of them. And I’m not very good with any of them. And I still don’t think I found the perfect yo-yo for me or for anyone else.

You might be able to narrow down your buying curve. But you can’t narrow down your learning curve. What you need to do is just get a good yo-yo. Not a perfect yo-yo just a good yo-yo. Go to the trick ladder in the learn section of this forum and start learning some tricks. You’ll get a better feel for what you need as you figure out what you don’t like about whatever yo-yo you get. But having other people pick the perfect yo-yo for you is like going to a real nice restaurant with an eight page menu and telling your mom to pick something for you because she kind of knows what you like kind of sorta maybe?

When I read your list this is how it reads to me>

Hey guys I want a perfect yo-yo. A perfect yo-yo for me. I want a yo-yo that’s not too big in diameter but not too small. I want to yo-yo that’s not too narrow but it can’t be too wide. I’m looking for a yoyo that’s got a little weight to it but I can’t be too heavy. Course on the other hand it can’t be too light.

I want to yo-yo that’s responsive and unresponsive at the same time. I want it to be real quiet and spin for a long time. It can’t cost any more than whatever my limit is going to be in the next few days as I keep changing my mind.

I wanna yo-yo that I can do amazing long long combos with even though I really can’t do any tricks much at all no matter what yo-yo you gave me. But if I don’t get the perfect yo-yo then I’m throwing a wrench in my equation. Throwing money down the drain. And sticking myself with a yo-yo that’s not even worth it.

And I certainly don’t wanna screw up and pick the wrong yo-yo so I’m leaving it up to are you guys most of whom I don’t even know so some of you may know less than I do but you’re happy to guess by the seat of your pants to help pick the perfect yo-yo out for me. And I know you guys want to hurry up and get the think tank moving so that you can pick out the perfect yo-yo for me because if you don’t do it pretty soon I’ll be posting up another what’s the perfect yo-yo post and you wouldn’t want that to happen.

Something like that.

4 Likes

@yoyodoc that might be the longest post I’ve ever seen of yours… and that’s saying something.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was hoping something shorter in that maybe they didn’t know how to use the forum tools. :grin:

1 Like

You can edit your thread and post or just put a new post in the thread….

1 Like