Pay it forward silenus

I’ve had a blast with this yoyo, but the time has come to send this baby on to its 40th player!

My time with the Silenus

For some reason the pads were miss matched so I swapped them out for some Yo-tricks shadow pads.

I also decided to polish the yoyo with some monkey buff, now it shines like the day it was anodized and grinds are smooth as butter.

Before:

After:

When not in use the Silenus has been chilling on my display shelf:

To summarize my time with the Silenus in a few words, I will be looking to add one to my collection!

Thank you for the opportunity to experience this throw and thanks to everyone who helped this yoyo on its travels.

Rules:
I will send the Silenus on to the next person to post, ”I’ll take it,” here, in this thread. DM’s don’t count; it needs to be in thread to keep everything fair (Contiguous 48 states only, please). You will get this great throw to use and enjoy, completely free, for 30 DAYS (give or take a few).

HOWEVER! By accepting this throw, you also accept the responsibility of creating a similar post at the end of your 30-day period, as well as paying the shipping fees for sending it on to the next person.

An eternal curse of slippy binds and knotted strings on the person who breaks the chain!!!

3 Likes

Bump it up!!

2 Likes

id love to give it a try but i don’t wanna break one july to do so

2 Likes

1 July is like a plague…. Infecting one PIF after another!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’m sure bst has taken a hit too…whos crazy idea was this anyway lol

2 Likes

The Silenus is worth breaking one July for! :eyes:

5 Likes

forgot about this one. i broke one July so if nobody has spoken up for it, I’m down to give it a go

4 Likes

Good to see you came to your senses, please DM me your address. :smiley:

5 Likes

the eagle has landed!! this thing looks so dang ymmy in person :hugs: I’ll take pics and gush over it once i have some time with it. super excited!

2 Likes

3 Likes

So I’ve spent some time with this now and holy cow this thing rips! it feels so stable pushing it off plane is like trying to push a cow over! (so I’ve heard :face_with_hand_over_mouth:) it’s got awesome spin time and i can definitely see this being an incredible “learn the trick” throw. having said that its weight makes it feel like you have to push harder to get it moving but once it’s moving, momentum takes over and it doesn’t feel as heavy. this early in my yoyo career i really enjoy heavier stable feeling yoyos that can see me through sloppy play and stopping to think lol

6 Likes

Very nice. I got a good chuckle out of the Darth Gator shirt. :rofl:

2 Likes

If anyone is in need of a Silenus to add to their collection - Topyo Silenus maroon/red $40USD*

3 Likes

weren’t they only $30 on release? as much as i like this one and would like to have one I’m not sure i agree that it’s one that appreciated

2 Likes

yeah, $40 is a bit steep tbh. I bet if someone offered them less they might take it. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, looks like my time with this awesome throw is coming to a close. it’s been a very fun yoyo and i appreciate the chance to give it a go.

Alright, fine print time

I will send the Silenus on to the next person to post, ”I’ll take it,” here, in this thread. DM’s don’t count; it needs to be in thread to keep everything fair (Contiguous 48 states only, please). You will get this great throw to use and enjoy, completely free, for 30 DAYS (give or take a few). By accepting this throw, you also accept the responsibility of creating a similar post at the end of your 30-day period, as well as paying the shipping fees for sending it on to the next person.

4 Likes

I’ll take it….

We are almost at the 4 year anniversary for this OG PIF! Congrats to @dizzo and the community for letting this one play out! Truly awesome.

4 Likes

awesome, ill get it packed up and sent by the end of the week! :+1:

edit: it’s on its way! thanks again for the opportunity, very fun

3 Likes

Silenus is safely in Rochester NY! I’m currently traveling but my daughter did an unboxing! She loved all the goodies in the box.

3 Likes

Hey did you ever get into string making more than this. I can’t remember if I’ve seen more or not.

1 Like