Pay It Forward Inception

Trick dump of stuff I’ve been working on lately with the Inception.

I think I’ve finally gotten a pretty good idea of how I feel about it. It’s a weird yoyo. The weight distribution feels incredibly balanced, it feels gentle on the string but isn’t lacking in power, despite not really being able to feel it. It feels like a very balanced monometal but with the power boost that comes from being a bimetal. The closest thing I’ve got to compare it to is that it feels like a more balanced Surveillance. I’d imagine that the Inception feels a lot closer to the Vigilancia, where the Surveillance plays with more pronounced rimweight. I’m mixed on it, I think it’s a nice yoyo for sure, but generally I prefer very power-forward throws. This might sounds a little bit silly but I think if the ti rims were just made out of steel I’d love the inception. If it felt closer to 76-78g Turning Points with massive steel rims. That’s just my personal preference though, I think this yoyo shines for people who don’t normally like that super powerful bimetal feeling, the Inception has all of the performance of good bimetals without the heavier feeling they can come with. One complaint I do have with the Inception that I also think is more of a personal bias, but the rims are really sticky. In the arm trick on the third slide of my insta post, I didn’t feel like trying it for longer to get a cleaner take. I was getting a little bit annoyed with the Inception and just wanted to use a different yoyo because I kept barely bumping the yoyo with my finger and killing the yoyo. The moment the Inception makes any contact with your body it instantly brings the yoyo to a halt. That’s just kind of the nature of having gigantic rims that aren’t blasted though. I have this complaint with every outer ring bimetal that doesn’t have blasted rims. If I can say something very positive about the Inception for a moment, the bearing post on this proto is absolutely perfect. That might sound like a minor detail, but I’ve paid a ton of money for boutique/high end yoyos before that have had death grip bearing seats that made me struggle to find a bearing that fit well so I wouldn’t damage the yoyo from just regular maintenance. The bearing fit on the Inception is perfect, it just lifts right up with your fingers with basically no resistance, yet the fit is perfect enough that the yoyo is completely smooth while playing. I felt like this was worth noting because in my experience it’s very rare nowadays to see bearing posts this good.

Overall I think it’s just not a yoyo for me, that being said I think this is a yoyo that a lot of people who don’t normally enjoy playing bimetals would love. Seeing the consensus from other people kind of echos this to me. Massive thanks again to @Theycallmecotton and @FewandFarBetween for organizing this thread.

11 Likes