Parents can be so cruel.

Knowing how tech-savvy I am, my parents have been on my case ever since they heard of Mark Zuckerberg’s billions from facebook, my mom basically saying “Why aren’t YOU like that?? Why can’t you come up with a idea like that and make that money instead of doing that yoyo thing (pointing accusingly at the Tactic while I was mid-trick) ?? ?” Are they trying to milk my PC skills for money already, at the cost of the things I love?

One person makes a lot of money so you have to too? And yoyoing helps a LOT of things.

According to them: “If it doesn’t make money, its worthless.” Thus, my tech skills and my yoyoing are worthless to them if they don’t make money. >:(

Politely point out that there are literally 10’s of thousands of bright people out there pitching their stuff every day, and very few hit the big time - the ranks of pro athletes, rock stars, movie stars, computer programmers etc. reflect that reality quite readily. Many are called, but few are chosen… :wink:

Of course that’s no excuse to be a slacker, so get to it man.

My parents used to complain about my yoyoing.

They just got used to it and accepted it.

EVERYTHING is a waste of time if you follow the “it makes money so it’s good.” because you will never be happy.

1 Like

I feel the same way about my son except for the yoyoing being worthless. It develops motor skills that they themselves have never seen. I will say if you let yoyoing engulf you then you do have a problem. If you have other goals as well then in my book you are fine. As long as you are trying to accomplish the other goals as well.

Yeah, I’m studying to be a Robotics Engineer :/. My parents don’t really understand that internet that much :-\

do they watch tv? is the tv worthless? do they ever go out to the mall or some thing? is that worthless?

Talking to other people is worthless as well, they will only slow you down from money.

Your parents? Worthless too because they get in the way with their lack of knowledge of the Internet.

It’s a horrible kind of thought process because you can apply to anything. :confused:

I would like to point out that there a good number of people who don’t like Mark Zuckerberg.

I has the same problem dude.

Go tell your mom to cook some food.

1 Like

Can I throw one or two words out here.

Deal. With. It.

If your parents are like mine, you’ll never be good enough. And rather than sitting around and typing on a forum about how cruel it is of them, it makes me want to prove them wrong. Nothing lights a fire in mah belly like someone saying I’m worthless.

1 Like

Well, seeing something like this makes me feel happy with my parents. they can be nags, but they always support me.

i would say though that you need to speek with them. say a couple of things, the majority you have to come up with, but i will mention that yoyoing is a stress releiver, and ever since i have started, i have been really chilled out. follow that up with the fact that it is not a bad thing (unless it consumes your life, thanks ithcus), because life will be less stressful, and it is good for you as long as you never get over stressed or understressed. dont slack off.

but mostly say this: it is your life, you will lead it as you feel fit. so what if you never become rich. so what if you yoyo. as long as you are happy.

facepalm
Well, your not making a very strong argument with that statement. :stuck_out_tongue: T.V. is the mindkiller, and the Mall is a place for mindless mass consumerism and vapid independently wealthy valley girls…so, yeh… those things ARE in fact, mostly worthless. facepalm

Unfortunatly Q, our internal organs to not ignite into flames as readily as yours. And we prefer to mope to the world about our problems and get other people to do it instead of trying to do something about it ourselves. It’s called, being american. :stuck_out_tongue: Not targeting you Reokie, Q just made me think of the subject.

I agree with Q, I doubt anyone really cares but, I do.

Nope, no one cares :smiley: JK JK!!

1 Like

HAHA! XD