Pankratz Customs Anodizing NEW ANODIZES 4/12/2020

Hey everyone! I’m back open to anodizing. Looks like we’re on batch 2 of 2K20! Work pictured below.

Shoot me a message if you’re interested in getting a yo-yo (or anything aluminum) anodized and please read the list of things I would ask you to do before sending the yo-yo or thing to be anodized off to me.

Pankratz Customs Pre-Anodizing Checklist

• Do not try to strip the anodize off yourself with oven cleaner, rust remover, or any other
    homebrew setup. It is VERY uncontrolled and can very easily pit the surface of your
    yo-yo, mess up the bearing seat and render it completely unplayable.

• Please DO NOT include bearings or axles as they may get mixed up with other yo-yos.

• Please remove response pads prior to shipping. If | receive it with pads in, it WILL be
    processed and anodized that way.

• Ensure yo-yo is in the exact condition you want it to be prior to anodizing, which does not cover ANY flaws, nicks, dings, whatsoever. The layer is literally 1/8th the thickness of a human hair, it doesn’t hide anything. I offer blasting and ano stripping at an additional cost, but it is well worth it if you want a decent looking anodize.

• Include the return address, username, yo-yo make and model, and a confirmation of the anodize design desired written or typed CLEARLY on a sheet of paper in the package when you ship.

• Include $5 for return shipping either in the package or in the final payrnent through Paypal.

• Payment can be made via Paypal to pankratz44@hotmail.com. PLEASE SEND PAYMENT UNDER “FRIENDS AND FAMILY”. We can work something out if you don’t feel comfortable with that option, but | do have a pretty decent reputation that | would hope some on the forums would vouch for.

Please do not try to strip your yo-yos with oven cleaner or any home-brew type stripper, it can make a truly awful finish that can be seen HERE and I will ask you if you want an awful looking anodize by leaving it, or if you would like me to strip it professionally for $15. Thank you.

Colors I offer at this time:

Many shades of each color can be obtained, so make sure to ask about a certain shade.

Pricing for anodizes ranges anywhere from $30 for a clear ano all the way up to $100+ if you want to go nuts. There may be more specific designs which will cost more or less depending on their complexity. Please contact me for a quote and we can work something out. Thank you!

I’ll be taking yo-yos in batches of 8-10 at a time and then ano’ing them all at once. Updated list is below:

2019/2020 Work

CLYW Glacier Express

Chico Yo-Yo Company Heavy Hitter

VsNYCC Skywalker

Yoyorecreation

Duncan Strix

Genesis 1:3

Deep Space Genesis

YYF G5++

Two Tone Marmot 2

Heshgod Enterprises Grayscale Petri

Nirvana Chief

CLYW Canvas

Jet Black Grail

Jet Black Quail

Personal CLYW Chief

YYF KOBE 888

CLYW Bassalope!

CLYW Scout

CLYW Arctic Circle Uno

LIFE

G2 Hawk

RecRev

A-RT 69

Onomotopia

Jet Black MK1 Diffraction V2

Heshgod Enterprises Petri

Personal Arctic Circle!

CLYW 7075 Cheif

G^2 Life

One Drop Project 2

G^2 Pelican

Retro Rocket with custom stenciling

2014 Superstar in Violet and Teal speckle. Mirror polished.

Clowntown Noctu! Blasted. Thanks for the name, Evangelos!

888x in national blue and corn gold. Blasted

Dark blue to turquoise face with orange splash prototype yo-yo. Machine finished and polished.

Polished & Anodized YYF Supernova (Charcoal acid wash, red and blue splash, violet speckle-splash)

Polished and Anodized YYF G5 (Black acid wash with orange and black acid wash splash and stencil)

Blasted and Anodized YYF Horizon (Gray & “white” speckle/splash with a blue-green acid speckle and stencil)

Blasted and Anodized CZM8 (Green and yellow acid wash with a yellow speckle and a white splash)

Various polished and blasted throws

Blasted YYF Horizon

Blasted YYF CZM8

Polished YYF G5

Polished YYF Supernova

Personal G5 (Clear with a red splash and blue speckle splash)

Raw Polished Supernova

PAST WORK CAN BE SEEN [HERE](Pankratz Customs Anodizing)

22 Likes

if a yoyo has a ton of dings you can strip it and redo the ano and the dings will be gone right?

2 Likes

Nope. Ano scratches are a different story, dings will still be there. They will be covered in an ano, but you will still see them.

2 Likes

Any pictures

Link to my work in the description :wink:

Thanks

When its done can it add vibe to a yoyo or will it just be as smooth as before

Anno VERY rarely adds vibe. In a lot of cases, it can actually reduce vibe IF the vibe is caused by a bearing seat that is not tight enough.

Ok thanks just thought i would ask as have never thought about getting custom ano but it looks really good and will look into getting some done in the new year.

1 Like

hmm interesting

You could get it refinished. Get it blasted or something. The more material you remove though the more vibe your likely to get

2 Likes

New anodize and blasting work! Two, possibly 3 more coming today!

3 Likes

is there anywhere i can see your process of anodizing?

2 Likes

Here’s samples…

3 Likes

i meant, could we see the process of the actual anodizing, not just the end product.

1 Like

Lots of information is available online, but I wont be able to show you my setup for safety reasons. Anodizing has about 6 ways that can either blind, burn, or even kill a person if not well trained and using proper safety measures.

3 Likes

stay safe bro!

1 Like

My personal favorite is that if you mix Sulfuric acid with bleach, it creates chlorine gas, which was used to kill soldiers in trenches in WWI. Once inhaled, it turns into hydrochloric acid inside your lungs and cause you to drown from the inside (as well as intense burning from having a strong acid inside your lungs)

2 Likes

i’m guessing, hoping, you haven’t killed anyone with this?

Not yet! :slight_smile: I practice the utmost safety when anodizing.

1 Like