painting a fhz...

ok im painting a fhz with the whole splash thing with the dremel, but idk how to splash the caps, i tryed flicking paint with a brush onto it, but it didnt work, and also, how many coats should i put for the background? thx

~cole

Personal opinion here, but I wouldn’t splash the caps. I think enhancing the FHZ logo on the caps looks good.

if i didnt splash them, i would probly just do a solid color, and how many background coats should i apply?

Is this a clear one you are painting inside the shell, or are you painting the external surface? If you’re painting the external surface, a couple of protective clear coats is probably more important than the number of base coats.

im painting them from the inside, i do have varnish for it though

On the inside you don’t need any varnish or clear coat. And I think one background coat should do. It really depends on the look you are going for. If you use acrylics you can wash it off if you don’t like it.

1 Like

okie doke, ill post some pics when its dryed

use a coffee straw to suck up paint and blow it onto your yoyo. Paint as many background coats as you want, just make sure to keep it to light thin layers. Varnish is not necessary.

I have painted a bunch, you can check out a few of them here:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,26872.0.html

and here: