Pac man yoyo

I forgot I had this hidden away in a box. Does anyone know when these where made? Where their more lenticular yoyos? Is it worth anything? Should I open it?

IMG_20190603_085851240

12 Likes

Ohh ohhh I feel the fever coming on… :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

I can’t answer those questions. But I’d like to vote for don’t open it. It’s in excellent shape and really looks beautiful in the packaging. How many could be left on earth packaged and in such good of shape?

5 Likes

Decided to look it up on the auction monster. Their seems to be a decent amount and they go for 10-15. Like sealed video games I would gueas over 1000 sealed. Possibly even a pallet in an old warehouse of them. Happens more than one would think.

1 Like

Ah, a Duncan Professional! Not sure when the PacMan version of it was made but the Professional was essentially Duncan’s “Promotional” yoyo as company logos could be placed inside on the cardboard discs. I have 2 Duncan Professionals from back in the day (No special editions). I had a 3rd Coke branded one and as a kid I wanted the alien glow as what kids in the late 90s didn’t like aliens?

The Duncan Professional as you know has been retired and the ProYo essentially took its place when Duncan acquired Playmaxx.

As for the yoyo itself, not sure of its value but I’d probably keep it in its package.

1 Like

I would say don’t open it.

2 Likes

The packaging is cooler than the yoyo would be opened up. I’d display it somewhere just for the retro goodness.

2 Likes