Overclock by Yoyofriends! - Yiyang Wang (Philip) Signature YoYo! - Available Friday - 03/29 - 8pm ET!

Overclock_Feature

Yiyang Wang, known as Philip, recounts his journey with yoyofriends since being sponsored in 2018. He reflects on his childhood dream of having a yo-yo team, inspired by TV series like Blazing Teens.

Throughout his journey, he learns about yo-yo design and trends, eventually leading to the creation of his signature yo-yo, the Overclock.

Red-Gold-Ring-OverClock Red-Gold-Ring-OverClock-02 Red-Gold-Ring-OverClock-03

In 2018, Philip brainstormed yoyo ideas with a friend, resulting in the Peregrine and the concept of L-shaped rings. Over the years, he gathers inspiration from yo-yos like the Vulture and Tachyon, refining his vision for the Overclock. In 2023, he revisits the idea of inner ring yo-yos, ultimately creating the Overclock prototype using 7068 aluminum and stainless steel.

Overclock-Red

Despite initial challenges with weight and response, Philip fine-tunes the prototype with input from the yoyofriends team, including Tony and Yahoo. Adjustments are made to improve playability and accommodate modern competition tricks, leading to the final design with a widened gap.

The yo-yo is aptly named Overclock, reflecting Philip’s passion for pushing hardware limits. Its logo is inspired by MSI Afterburner, a program he uses in his hobby of overclocking computers.

9 Likes

100$ seems like a good price to me

1 Like

Yoyo looks super super sick and congrats @Mazdarx7FD !

3 Likes

It’s actually correct everywhere except the title

1 Like

I hope you guys like it! This along with Peregrine are the two designs me and my friend thought of back in 2018. Seeing it finally perfected makes me very happy.

8 Likes

YYE just ‘Accidentally’Overclocked’ his name.

His designs are turning out sooooo good, his name has been ‘upgraded’ just like his yo-yos.

Philip is not his name anyways……

That is just his ‘Stage name’.

His real name is Reginald ‘P’ Honeycutt Jr.

4 Likes