Our first release from Fair Trade YoYos - The PV44!

Fair Trade YoYos is a relatively new company started by @fatguysnacks247 aiming to create yoyos with innovative style, nostalgic themes, and modern design elements. This is their first releases here at YoYoExpert - The PV44!

From FTY: The PV44 is a 53x44mm & 63g 7068 AL modified H-shape yoyo. We have revisited the “schwall” from the original Project Y release, though featuring a much shallower ‘trough’, as opposed to a deeper ‘well’. With PV44 I wanted to experiment with a harder ‘H’ concepts and even “high-schwall” maybe would be more appropriate.

To that end, the wall and interior (recessed or otherwise), typically fashioned in schmoove grooves, a straight vertical wall, etc. have their benefits. A flush straight vertical wall can lead to higher friction, lower stability, etc. schmoove grooves can help with both of these, but… The schwall design, in addition to being stable in itself, is also very ‘correctable’ in play, and forgiving… this is true of the Project Y and PV44. the apex of the schwall provides for great correction and control – imo, and regardless of your skill level.

The PV44 was inspired by the Oxy 5 and the Project Y. Wanting to push the H shape and high ‘schwall’ feature, I believe the goal was accomplished. From the prototype (62 grams), an additional gram of rim weight gently feathered away from the rim so as to not lose the spirit of the piece.

Releasing Thursday 11/18 @ 8PM EST.

21 Likes

Man, @fatguysnacks247 , this is a nice looking yoyo!

8 Likes

thank you @Glenacius_K ! and thank you to YYE and the forum family. i’m grateful to be able to present it to y’all with all the support. :heart:

13 Likes

Don’t sleep on these they are rippers!

8 Likes

Those look great, and the diameter clinches it for me! The only hard part is going to be picking a colorway since the all look really nice.

4 Likes

@fatguysnacks247 Really hit it out of the park with this one.

I made a review on the tester that was going around, you can check it out here:

I might just have to buy one of these! :thinking:

10 Likes

Absolutely love this throw.

4 Likes

Exciting stuff happening !!!

4 Likes

Can’t choose a color…Get 2 and split a half swap with a friend.

14 Likes

I cant wait to get my hands on one!

4 Likes

Thats beautiful man!

4 Likes

Harrumph!

17 Likes

Quicky FS with PV44

2 Likes

Definitely in my top 5 favorites.

11 Likes

One more cause I’m very excited about tonight’s drop.

3 Likes

It’s great!

11 Likes

@AndreBoulay @YoYoExpertGarrett the timer is hung up

2 Likes

Try again!

2 Likes

Only 9 left!

1 Like

8… now😊

1 Like