Ouchie with a Duncan Freehand


#1

So I picked up a new Freehand at the store and when I got home i put a KK in it and took the caps out. i threw it down for a thumb grind and after like 3 seconds of grinding I smelt something burning! The plastic started making so much friction on my fingernail it sparked at least once! Has this ever happened to anyone else?


#2

I want to know there the spark came from. Fingernails don’t spark and neither does aluminum.


#3

Plastic sure doesn’t spark either, unless you get creative with static electricity.


#4

That is most likely what it was. A lot of static energy was probably built up from the friction if anything. But honestly, I wouldn’t use a Freehand to thumbgrind. It isn’t exactly made for it.


#5

You can IRG a FH2?