Other Communities?

Just wondering as to what some of the other online communities (and offline) you guys are involved in. Cause while yoyoing is a big one for us, many of us are into other things and pretty active in other realms of interest.

I am pretty active in the Brony community as many of you might know, and I go by “Hikaru” and “20percentcoolerj” in most of the forums and other places in that field of interest. I actively attend brony meet-ups and organize them as well. Also a bit known in the community for music creation.

I am also in the Furry Fandom and I go by “Haru_ray” over there. I do some art but mostly I am just a poster and browser and frequent IRC chatter. Really awesome community there.

And finally, I am involved in the astrojax community. I go by “Jayyo” as well over there. And I post on the forums, make videos, and have gone out to do demo’s for the astrojac company at different events for advertising as well.

Besides the yoyo community, those are my main realms of interest.

So what are yours?

J

1 Like

Puffpwn on Toribash. Pretty well known texturer over there.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13630393/Azure/screenshot-05-20-46-34.bmp

That is my latest work.

When I was around 7, I went on a website called Neopets. (Don’t ask)

OG Club Penguin member. Pretty well known in the waddling community. No big Deal

I used to be very into Jailbreaking iDevices and I was the first person who knew about jailbreaking in my area. I was active in this one forum and I was pretty influential there. I haven’t jailbroken an iPhone and even my own iPod [still in 2.2] for years. So I unknowingly drifted away from there.

Has anyone heard of iPodtouchFans? [I’m sure this is a fine mention because it’s not a yoyo store site]

To be honest, that is a tough question to me…
…because I basically wasted my young teenage days in social network sites. So I didn’t really belong to any online/offline community.

…unless if I count Key Club when I was in high school.

Well, I’m starting up yoyo meets to try to meet new people and start some local community stuff going on regarding skill toys: whatever works, yoyo, diabolo, hacky sack, frisbee, whatever. Trying to make the area a bit less dull.

What else am I into? Stuff that pays, fortunately.

Live sound of course. Stuff for concerts, fairs, festivals and other events. Unfortunately, there’s two classes in the area: high end and bottom feeders. I’m aimed at HIGH end, but I have to complete with bottom feeders. Unlike the bottom feeders though, I won’t screw someone over or lie to get gigs. I eve have guys pretending to be me in order to abuse my name to get jobs, then do a horrible call and I gotta clean up the mess they made for me.

Computer repairs, data and computer consulting. This includes a lot of custom built workstations that end up going on tours. Lots of my clients are Fortune 500 companies and government. However, many of these are sales, and my problem is I sell high end stuff that tends to last darn near forever on technologies that don’t change. I mean, you sell a good T1 CSU/DSU, you shouldn’t have to replace it unless it fails. Heck, some items my father sold to some clients over 20 years ago are still running strong. It’s kind of bad business to sell good stuff, right?

I’m not into the online games. Video games are a waning interest at this point. Right now I’m focussing on how to expand the business.

Proud brony over here, rubik’s type puzzles, bout it.

http://www.teamliquid.net/
Starcraft/Starcraft2/Videogames in general
We’re all elitist audiophile self proclaimed geniuses over there too.