Ooohhhh my gosh marvel fans its here!

12 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about this. Happy for the more abstract characters getting their 15 minutes, but I can’t stand Scar Jo as Black Widow. She plays the character so one dimensionally.

3 Likes

how is this being made? SHE DIED.

Takes place in the past. And I think we’ll get to see what happened in Budapest…

3 Likes

I’m not excited for most of the new Marvel line up, only the What If. I’ve always enjoyed the What If comics and I’ll take quality animation over live action any day.

IMO the MCU peaked with Infinity War and Endgame and have used most of the big draw characters already. I think they have the rights back to X Men now, having them incorporated in the MCU would be more interesting to me than what they are doing now.

2 Likes

I am excited in principle that the X-Men and Fantastic Four are back in the hands of Marvel Studios. However, given how horribly my favorite storylines for those two teams have been mangled in the past by previous studios, I’m less excited than I would otherwise be because those storylines are “damaged goods” and there’s just no way Feige is going to touch them now.

4 Likes

I have similar concerns. The FF movies were not good, and the X Men movies were all over the place and had a very confusing timeline. I feel like they could have been close to where the MCU is now if handled better.

I wonder if the average non comic fan movie goer would be able to distinguish between the older movies and anything Marvel would make.

They might once they see that Hugh Jackman isn’t Wolverine and Patrick Stewart isn’t Prof. Xavier. But apart from that, they might not discern a difference.

I just think that every hardcore X-Men fan is disappointed that we’ll probably never get to see the Dark Phoenix Saga done right, or at least done the way Feige would have done it, which is as close to “right” as anyone could expect, IMO.

4 Likes

I thought she plays the character very well, especially in Endgame. You can feel the effects of the character’s past in the way she interacts.

2 Likes

She’s better than Brie Larson though, Scarlett has more face expression than Brie

2 Likes

I tend to disagree there. I think Brie Larson overall is a much better actress than Scarlet Johansson. ScarJo is like Kristen Stewart. Occasionally she shows she’s capable of being a two trick pony, but typically she has about as much depth as a puddle on parchment. I enjoyed Capt. Marvel much more than the other schlock they’ve been putting out.

1 Like

I enjoyed the three prior. Haven’t seen Dark Phoenix yet though. I figure I owe it a watch through once it hits the discount bin. What is bad at $30 is sometimes great at $7.

1 Like

Aww man, I’m so hurt to hear that, but I respect your opinion.

1 Like

I agree the MCU peaked with Infinity War but gave a big Hi Five to Fonzie as they jumped the shark with End Game.

3 Likes

I also thought Brie Larson did a pretty good job. I went in with everyone telling me “she doesn’t smile,” and because of that every scene where she smiles was very obvious lol. Keep in mind that she didn’t deliver any very emotional scenes/marvels of acting simply because the movie didn’t really require her to do that at any point. Yes Captain Marvel wasn’t the best MCU movie, but it wasn’t bad and I really wouldn’t blame any of the problems on Larson.

1 Like

is anyone hyped for Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage?

1 Like

I can’t wait to see how he will look

2 Likes

Me too!!! i am really curious to see how Woody Harrelson will play carnage.

2 Likes

I really like Woody Harrelson, but you’d think they would pick someone younger.

1 Like

True, true

1 Like