ooch smoov's breaking strings

i got this stupid yoyo yesterday. it broke 4 strings in 2 hours. i tried to sand down the inner ring with a piece of denim. didnt work! i like the way this yoyo performs but it is a string monster!!! i really don’t know what to do any more. im thinking about sending it back to yomega but if somebody can help me fix it i guess that wont be necessary. so please i need help ASAP

I feel like I’m a the lucky one because I have yet to have this happen to me w/ my Ooch. I’ve heard of people rubbing down the Kerrari w/ a sock to help (not sure how it helps but I guess it does). I wouldn’t send it back, I’m sure in time it will be kinder to your strings.

(JonasK) #3

Green side of the sponge is supposed to work. At least it has worked on other yoyos with the same problem. You can try using a sock too if you don’t have a sponge with a “green” side.

i don’t know minusmike they are not breaking where it hits the metal part, its breaking around the bearing. im not even throwing that hard. i dont know what is happening. im using slick 8 too. they are the thickest strings i have and are still breaking!

(laxdude99) #5

Take the yoyo and unscrew it then take the yoyo apart and rub it down everywhere with a clean sock then lube your bearing this should fix your problem

What kind of string are you using?

(Walker, Yo-Yo Ranger) #7

it’s because the beadblast is rough and the bearing area wasn’t shielded. You need to smooth out the blast with something like a sponge

And by sponge, I think he and the poster above mean the rough side of a scrubber sponge.

i tried poly’s, cottons and slick 8 strings. it broke them all within like 10 minutes :frowning:

dude try what all the people above said. use a sponge, a sock or something like jeans, to rub against the surface near the bearing seat

Better than that, just PM me a price and I’ll take that nasty little monster off your hands, as long as it isn’t too torn up.