OneDrop Thorn Yoyo Review

im about to take OneDrop Thorn Yoyo, so can you just list the pros and cons and your opininion on it pls?

1 Like

Good all rounder with the best spikes still in production. The flat bearing that comes stock doesn’t jive with everyone though.

1 Like

Are people complaining now about not recieving a concave C bearing now? Lord have mercy I feel 100 years old remembering the first time I played a KK in a FHZ and the only thing I can compare it too is pure happiness. But I honestly thought the C bearing was the cats PJs regardless of a cave with minute long spin times regardless.

5 Likes

Best yoyo I own

At just under 43mm wide its a tiny bit slim
so if you only Love hooks it could be better

But its super duper stable
and the grind finish is really nice for all kinds of grinds, the flared out shape helps

And really nimble feel overall, the shape is very catchable

you probably wont regret getting one

6 Likes

also, I run it with the flat bearing, the 10 balls are super smooth and quiet, as long as you dont over lube them
no need for the concave

3 Likes

Usually try and stay out of these since I’m relatively new and don’t have very good information and experience. But since I love this yoyo and throw it daily I feel I can give some valid opinions. The Thorn is great all-arounder. The shape is super comfy in the hand, the design is aesthetically appealing, matador tricks are easy with the sharp spikes etc. It’s agile and easily maneuverable but I don’t think it’s “floaty.” Spin time is good, maybe even better than you’d expect with it, same with stability, definitely not a comp bimetal on rails stable, but fair and enough to get through most combos the average thrower knows. Very smooth and very quiet with a slightly lubed bearing, you could play it in front of a sleeping baby. I’ve taken it apart, siliconed the recess, bumped it a couple times, still as smooth as day 1. It’s just one of those throws that I never left the honeymoon stage with lol, I just love it

7 Likes

should I get The godspeed yoyo or the onedrop thorn?

They are very, very different yoyos. I had a Godspeed and gifted it. I have a Thorn and throw it regularly.

7 Likes

the thorn will have a much more premium smooth and quiet feeling compared to the yoyofactory yoyos (i have a few of both)

the 16mm axle means its quite durable too

get the godspeed if you want to support angel2up though,

im sure its a good throw like most yoyofactory monos, but not that unique

5 Likes

maybe get the thorn now while its in stock

and ask for a godspeed for Christmas or something, im sure yoyofactory will bring some cool colourways out before the holiday season

3 Likes

thx y’all. im getting the thorn :grin:

I laid out my thoughts on the Thorn here.
It’s a great throw.

3 Likes

Completely agree with this. It just finds its way into your hand.

2 Likes