One Drop YoYos Official News

:joy: I did realize I was taking the one drop thread down the general yo road and actually worried a bit about it. Haha. Good save!

General yo x One Drop collab would be SICK!

2 Likes

So they’re more similar than I though they’d be, but still some sizable differences.

Similar width between them, but Icarus has a larger diameter. Icarus has higher walls and wider, flatter rims. Obviously the cups are different between them with doc’s fingerspin cup vs side effects. Play between them feels similar, but the 54 Gen 2 has more stability.

11 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the blacked out Icarus. Looks sick!

Thanks for the comparison. Still computing whether it makes me want it more or less. Haha.

Stability isn’t super duper important to me. Most of my primary throws are ones that would probably not be described as stable.

Can you say which one is more “fun”, for you?
Do you think “stretched out panorama” is an apt description?

2 Likes

I dont have enough time with the 54 Gen 2 yet to answer this one for you, I’ve always loved how fun the Icarus is though.

I haven’t had a Panorama or Diorama in a LONG time, so its hard for me to say, but that doesn’t seem quite right to me. The Pano/Dio felt like more high walled yoyos, the 54 Gen 2 plays like a lot of my more favorite modern yoyos if that makes sense.

2 Likes

what I can say is get the 54 Gen 2, its a GREAT yoyo lol

4 Likes

Perfect! Thank you! That gives me what I need.

New Cabal Gen 2 colors on Flickr:

Lemon Ice, Pacifica, Kind of Blue, Harlequin

Imgur

Imgur

12 Likes

More details on Harlequin:

Harlequin are a bit of an adventure. They are going to have a white and black shell and then an assortment of random mismatched hardware colors. What hardware colors you get will be a surprise!

New colors plus Midnight, Chico Mint, Cucumber, Piano and Firebird dropping Thursday, June 27th at 11am Pacific.

3 Likes

Oh damn. Should have just waited for these colors😅

1 Like

Much harder to pin down a favorite with these in the mix.

3 Likes

If anyone wants a Chico Mint cabal gen 2, I’d totally trade for the lemon ice! I’m serious!

Regarding the 54 Gen 2. I snagged one too. It plays really nice but in all honesty, I don’t feel like it’s all that comparable to the original 54. I absolutely love the 54, it’s one of my all-time favorites and I have many, many, many, hours of play on a 54 so I know how it feels and plays and I feel like the 54 gen 2 is much heavier feeling, less nimble feeling, slower playing w/ the stock SE(s). It’s certainly very, very, wide feeling. I would say it feels more like an updated (and) boxier Cascade than it does a 54. To me.

I really don’t want to be negative about it because it does play very well and there’s nothing wrong with the YoYo at all but it just doesn’t speak to me the same way the 54 does. I am giving it a chance though. Trying to put my biases to the side as much as I can. It does play very well but I am having a hard time accepting it as a 54, if that makes sense? I did discover it plays super nicely with aluminum domes. For some reason they feel way better than the stock aluminum flat caps. They feel way lighter somehow and they make it feel way more nimble. Quite odd really. I didn’t think they would make it feel lighter, if anything I thought the domes would make it feel heavier. LOL!

5 Likes

Oh boy.

29 Likes

YESSSSS (complete sentence)

5 Likes

Is a Cascade like a Top Deck with SE? Never tried one.

Feels very different than a top deck.
Smaller diameter, feels more dense on the string.

2 Likes

Can anyone compare the prescription to the cascade! Ive got the prescription and like it a lot!

For me, Prescription feels like a lighter version of the Cascade. Similar hand-feel and curves, remove the catch lines, add a little more weight to play, a smidge more stability, and you got a Cascade. Personal opinion, but they’re both amazing.

Prescription is like a Cascade that a Project 2 snuggled up to.

1 Like

Fades are back?!

Splashes next?

5 Likes

Man, I’m excited. I’d love to see a fade or splash Panorama return, or anything for that matter

3 Likes

Next DXL just remind me, I always bring mine.

1 Like