One Drop YoYos Official News

I’ll bump this back up since they’re starting to show up. I gave my opinion in another thread, but I kind of feel like this is a stretched Pano. Smooth, solid power, SEs, and just a special classic feel. It’s got a huge thumb grind lip, too :laughing: Really digging this one. On a different note, the black is like a very deep purple compared to the black domes I have in it. No idea if it’s related to the first one, but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the 54 g2.

12 Likes

I can concur about the black finish, it’s really nice. I was originally going to order a purple/green halve swap, but then I saw the black and orange next to each other:

Reminds me of my Little Confusion colors.

10 Likes

I was gonna do that swap too! I’m jealous. I have to wait for things to cool down though, since work and school are insane right now and nothing is concrete. I’ll be checking the forums for catch and releases.

2 Likes

I wonder if anyone with the new 54 also has an Icarus they can put beside it and take a pic.

Are they as similar as I think they are, in profile, at least?

1 Like

I’ll do this for you tomorrow, I dont think they’re gonna be similar at all. Icarus is fairly high walled

1 Like

I was getting a similar vibe when I was first playing it, 54G2 is a little smaller and compact. One Drop really did make this feel very “current” for this period of yoyo design.

12 Likes

Could anyone post a more detailed review?
Performance, spin time, horizontal capability, comfort in the hand?

Thanks

performance: probably top 10% of ODs, could creep higher over time for me but need more time

spin time: enough to do 60s of technical yoyoing on one throw, especially with a centertrac bearing, so it’s good enough for me, not going to outperform your favorite comp yoyo though

horizontal capability: :crazy_face: if this is something you’re concerned about OD has approximately one yoyo for you and it’s the thruline

comfort in hand: 1000/10 very comfy

12 Likes

Sweet! Thank you!!

1 Like

That dispels my fomo! Thank you! I’d like to try a 54, both versions, one day. But now it feels less urgent. I like my high walls. All the better to kick flip with!

1 Like

I think you would enjoy the OG 54, but I really am a ho for older stuff

1 Like

I think you’re right. Too many yo-yos, too little time and money lol. I’m trying to trick myself into being content with what I got :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Besides a Respawn and some loopers I got coming, I got it down to this at the moment. How long will it last, lol, that’s another story. I will say each of these were deliberately kept, and a 54 would be wise for me to consider

9 Likes

That’s a solid throwers collection. With the respawn and the loopers, you really don’t need much else, huh?

1 Like

Big fan of the 54 Gen 2 so far. Extremely comfortable, more than capable as a performer and quite easy on the eyes…

15 Likes

Maybe an off string but the FH1 can easily suffice

Rebirth is a poor mans Project
Overture is a poor mans Peak
Torrent II + is a feel for Ernie’s craftsmanship and a great grinder with that OG blast
Respawn is my fave metal responsive
And I got figure out two handed loops eventually lol

A 54 would fit in nicely though, even this revamp

Edit: shoulda kept the End 2 as my beater

3 Likes

how does it compare to a kamuraiju?

would you recommend it over the Thruline?

thx buddy

The 54 gen 2 definitely has more power and a bit more weight on the string, you can also feel the extra width for sure, other than that they are actually pretty similar, both of them like to play at around the same pace. I would say if you like the Kamuraiju I would recommend it over the thruline but if the idea of a slightly oversized (thruline is 59.6mm diameter) high performance yoyo from OD entices you then the Thruline is definitely not bad, it’s just slightly too big for my hands.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine not having at least one end 2 in my collection. My heart hurts a little for you. I know you don’t get attached, too often, but I think the end 2, for me, is like the overture, for you. It will never go anywhere.

What’s the torrent 2 +? I’ve only heard of 1&2. When did the plus come out?

2 Likes

OG Torrent, then the Torrent II also made in Ernie’s shop (but most were b grade by his standards, but since he is anal and they were smooth by everyone else’s they are called +) and then you have the most recent Torrent remake

Oh, and to keep it Onedrop related, sure would be cool to see a Onedrop General yo collab on something plastic

1 Like