One Drop Yo-Yos Markmont. Classic

In a sense, yeah. But unless I leave it soaking for a really long time, then I’m not worried about damaging it, really. No, it’ll never look the same as when I first received it, but neither will any other nickel version eventually. It’s just accelerating a natural process.

I happen to really like the look of tarnished nickel, so that’s the only reason I’m okay with doing this basically immediately after buying it. Here’s how my Next turned out, which I’m really happy with: http://i.imgur.com/pMtGqm6.jpg

Edit: progress pic: http://i.imgur.com/VvS1ckM.jpg
I swapped out the original batch of Sprite for a fresh one to see if I can add a bit more variation through bubble spots. But so far, I’m pumped at how this is looking. If you look closely, the rims are taking on a dark iridescent blue color which is really neat. I could stop now and have a really cool look, but I want everything juuuust a bit darker.

That blue is sick

I don’t know why the blue was the slowest selling color, I personally thought it was the best looking one after the nickel. I would’ve gotten it instead of clear if it was available with a collectors edition.

so i buy the classic and delegate my shutter to daily duties, then ding the classic anyways… such is life.

And now it’s dinged, you can play the heck out of it and not worry about getting the first ding :slight_smile: That being said, my black Classic has been my only throw for nearly a month now and i’ve hit it on quite a few things but the surface still doesn’t have a mark on it. Very durable! Now I’ve switched to the Nickel because I want it to tarnish :slight_smile:

Blue is indeed very nice color and I would take it over any other in this series (black, silver or mustard), but that is if it were ANY other yoyo, somehow the blue from all the options, is the one that make it feels less “classic”, it feels pretty modern, that is why I chose silver over blue. (my 2 cents, and i cant see any other reason)

Can I see a picture of the finished Yoyo?

Sorry bout the delay, I had taken the halves out of the sprite just before work this morning but didn’t snap a pic. Here it is:

I’m pretty sure this is all the further I’m going to darken it.

1 Like

Question: Did you remove the response before you soaked it? Sorry if it’s a stupid question ???

Yes I did. Kind of painful to waste perfectly good OD Flow Groove pads…I just didn’t want something weird going on chemically. Not sure that anything bad would happen, but I’m guessing the adhesive wouldn’t fare too well anyways. Not a stupid question at all. :smiley:

Also, although Flow Groove pads are very nice, I prefer slightly concaved Monkey Snot as my response, so I would have taken out the FG early on anyways.

1 Like

Wow that came out very cool, love the color variations!

I might have to buy a nickel now haha

Thanks, I’m really pleased with how it turned out. If it wasn’t my favorite throw before I did this, it definitely is now. And now it’s got me looking for more nickel throws, haha.