One Drop Yo-Yos Markmont. Classic

Not sure I understand the question. I thought the obsidian was a chemically tarnished nickel.

Just happened to turn on the One Drop Office Cam on their site, and I could be wrong, but is Paul assembling Classics right now?

:wink:

;D YES! ;D

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/images/smilies/banana.gif

And is that a Nickel Markmont Classic by your lens right now?

Extremely bored at work right now…

Yep, just drop one in ketchup.

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. My question was more so: since the obsidian finish was produced by just dropping a normal nickel finished Next in ketchup, does that go for any nickel finished yoyo? Sounds like that’s the case based on other people’s responses, so I’m considering buying a nickel finished yoyo to do it to.

Thanks, any clue on how long to keep it in? I’ve also heard diet coke mentioned.

Hmm, I know that if you leave it too long you can damage the nickel but I’m not too sure how long that is. Any acidic liquid works if I’m not mistaken.

Mark did a cascade I think, had it on his Facebook. I believe he soaked it in diet coke for 20 hours.

Thanks for the insight everybody. I think I’m definitely going to try it with some nickel plated throw in the future.

Apart from that… Mark/OD/whoever else… Any chance there will be any more Dragon strings being stocked? I’ve been wanting to try them because I like the sounds of the description, but they’ve been sold out ever since I got back into throwing. Would be cool if more were stocked for the release of the Classic, but if that’s not a possibility, does anybody know of a string that’s somewhat similar and also in stock somewhere?

You want to check with Toxic Strings since they make it. Pretty sure they are making more.

Toxic Strings has some available. Just bought 3 bags of them. They have 9 bags left their site says.

Thanks both of you. Don’t know why i didn’t think to check there. May or may not have 50 on their way…

50? That’s enough to last you for the rest of your life since they’re so durable! :wink:

Yeahhh. Got paid friday, and I know with stuff like string and bearings, if I bought just one pack and liked it, I’d be kicking myself later on when I couldn’t find more in stock anywhere.

They are good stuff. Learn the finch head knot if you don’t know it. I love how slick toxics are but they don’t take well to regular slip knots. I like regular toxics just as much as dragons.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll have to try that out.

For those who don’t follow OD on Twitter, here’s Paul flaunting the black version of the Classic.

Can’t wait for this.

Anyone else see One Drop’s Flickr page, just before the Summits and after the Gradient’s ;D

Woohoo!

Always beating me to the punch! :stuck_out_tongue:

Blue Markmont. Classic