One Drop Rebirth vs Vanguard

With a budget of up to $70, would you recommend getting a Rebirth or a Vanguard?

Can’t make up my mind.

I doubt most people have even received their Vanguard yet; you might want to wait a few days for people to receive them to get better advice.

1 Like

I’ve used both, so I believe that I could offer an opinion worth reading.

The Vanguard is VERY solid. It is very rim-weighted, spins forever, a little weighty, but it mainly emits an aura of weight because it’s so rim-weighted. It’s surprisingly good for bouncy-type tricks, and is really good for tech. I like it.

The Rebirth is very different. It has that old OneDrop flavor to it. It plays definitely like a yo-yo that should be used for making up tricks rather than performing them, but it’s quite good too. It’s almost the opposite of the Vanguard: light, zippy, and really fun.

I would go for the Vanguard, but if you like lighter yo-yo’s go for the Rebirth.

1 Like

I have the Rebirth and am getting the Vanguard in the mail today. I can give you my thoughts this weekend after I have time to play the Vanguard. The Rebirth is really good and is worth owning. What are you looking for in play characteristics?

1 Like

They couldn’t be any more different. My copy of the Vanguard is insanely smooth. It plays like butter. I can tell I will have a lot of fun with it. It is heavily rim weighted and has a bit of a tug at the end of the string. I typically like lighter throws but it really doesn’t feel too heavy. It is more laid back, stable, and lots of spin. Very fun to throw.

The Rebirth is smaller in diameter but plays like a full metal. It’s great for chopsticks and getting it to fit in tight spaces. It’s an H profile so it has rim weight too, just nowhere near the Vanguard. Definitely quicker in pace and fun for a lot of different reasons.

Both are winners. It just depends what you are looking for.

2 Likes