One drop M1 Affogato de Lotiempo

Looking at one of these and was wondering what a fair price would be. Condition is supposed to be very good. I don’t believe it come with any extras

Thanks

There is a whole thread dedicated to that throw

Terrible throw, don’t buy it, lol

2 Likes

I saw that, was wondering what a fair price would be.

I guess my question is, is this worth 165.00?

Tough to say. A normal mint M1 is worth about $80 in my opinion.

This specific one is the most covered and rare. I believe they made 20 of them. Does that make it worth double a normal M1? Hard to say. This is a very covered yoyo to me personally. I have owned 2 in the past, the colors on it are beautiful, I’ve never seen a swirl like that.

If I had the funds, I’d buy it. It’s the one on eBay I imagine. Make the dude an offer if it’s too much in your opinion.

If I had to put a price in it, I’d say $140.

If you buy it and don’t like it, remember me, I got you covered.

2 Likes

Made an offer and it was accepted.

Thanks for the reply

3 Likes

Enjoy it, it’s a piece of art. I’ll overtrade to get it from you if you ever get bored of it.

3 Likes

Yeah man def trade it to @kretzschmar if you ever want to unload it. I can attest to the fact that he’s been looking for that specific throw for like years lmao… he should def have first dibs on that when and if the time comes.

2 Likes

I emailed David at One Drop this afternoon with a couple of questions. He responded quickly and provided some great information. Here is how it went.

Me:

I asked David how many and when
these were made/sold.

David:

My records show we made about 10 of these. The anodizer was a hobbyist who had figured this technique out but couldn’t do much in the way of quantity. These are very rare. They were sold in August of 2009.

Me:

I asked about the .555 pad availability.

David:

We don’t make .555 pads anymore, but yoyoexpert carries 2 or 3 varieties of them.

Me:

I asked him the origin of the name.

David:

One of our customers with the last name Lotempio came to visit. We took him out for affagados (espresso and ice cream) and he
loved it. He was the one who gave us the contact for the anodizer who did this finish and we felt like it looked like afagado when you get
near the bottom of the bowl and there is just melting ice cream and espresso left. So we sort of named it after him.

8 Likes