One Drop Dream State

Saw a video review of this throw on youtube and it was INSTANT love. Among the 2 best looking yos I’ve personally ever seen (the other being a duncan/proyo cold fusion).
It didn’t take me nearly as long as I thought it was going to take to piece it together. I got super lucky in finding someone on facebook selling a green in mint condition. He was a super cool guy!

So anyhow…here it is, my dream Deep State. My One Drop Dream State!

One%20Drop%20Deep%20State%20Green%20Black%203
o---------------------------------------------------------------------o

o----------------------------------------------------------------------o

o----------------------------------------------------------------------o

15 Likes

I’m so glad you got it all together!

2 Likes

@gregoryfromearth
Thank you so much man :smiley:

1 Like

Nice. Deep State is maybe my favorite yo-yo all time.

3 Likes

I think I may be developing a problem… >.<’

Just ordered a third Deep State haha.
It’s okay though. I don’t need groceries for the month!!! :sweat_smile:

I now have a green, black and soon an orange.

My mom was my best friend in life. We did a lot together and though we sure knew how to push each other’s buttons, we had a ton of fun too. We were both couple of children haha :D. I miss her so freaking much. She passed away on May 16th of 2017 due to complications during a surgery she was having done. She was only 55 :(.

Her favorite color is orange…so in memory of her I decided to pick up an orange Deep State as well. Now I’ll have a green/black (green is my favorite color) and orange/black (because that color combo looks amazing) and an orange/green (to represent me and my mom /love).

I’m going to set one up as unresponsive, 1 semi, and 1 responsive :smiley:

7 Likes

Now I just need to sell off my car so I can track down some orange side effects! loll

What’s the difference between the unresponsive and the semi?

You can loop on responsive, where it’d be almost impossible (for me at least) to do so on semi.

Or if you throw a forward pass on a semi-responsive, it’ll stall/sleep at the end making it hard to call back to your hand.
With responsive it’ll snap right back to your hand with no stall.

Oh, I read that wrong haha!

Unresponsive wont come back with a tug like semi.

Yeah I know that much haha should have explained myself better. What I meant was the difference between semi en unresponsive on the deep state. Is it possible to make it more unresponsive? Since it’s already loaded with a big bearing for unresponsive play right?

1 Like

That’s a good question, and I’m not sure yet. Think I’ll clean one of the bearings in one tomorrow and see if I can get it truly unresponsive.
Not even sure why I even want it unresponsive to be honest! haha…just seems like the thing to with with 3 of them (setting them up responsive/semi/un).

So I now have 3 States and 3 levels of responsiveness.

1 Responsive (heavily lubed)
It sleeps well, but comes back with just a slight tug. Does forward passes with no issues. I think it’s responsive enough to do fixed axle tricks (don’t know any)…also think it’s very loopable if I could do so…and if I double strung the string (haha, can’t think of the proper term for this!).

1 Semi Responsive
It plays a lot like the more responsive, though it requires a harder tug and there’s no way I can do forward passes with it as it sleeps at the end of the string instead of snapping back.

1 Unresponsive (cleaned the bearing, took out 1 of the response rings)
Sleeps very well and requires a bind. It binds back really well, though the binds can be a bit loose. I’m not exactly sure how to make it unresponsive without having to remove 1 of the response rings.
Does the basic string tricks I know so far (not much! Stuff like split the atom and the rewind trick I’m trying to get down) very well!

Out of the 3…and mind you, I am only a noob that doesn’t know any difficult tricks and I’ve only had these throws for a day now…
But of the 3 right now I’m LOVING the unresponsive! I’m very surprised at how much fun this sucker is! It’s not as stable as my other throws like my Duncan Strix and Baraccuda, but a lot of that is just my lack of skills…and it’s not as powerful…but dang it’s light and nimble and damn satisfying! I’ve had a ton of fun just throwing it and binding it back haha. Love this thing so much!

5 Likes

Awesome thanks for the extensive response! I’m gonna try all of these on my deep state! I also really love the throw and the narrow gap really forces you to clean up your act. I really feel like it will make you a better thrower

1 Like