One Drop Code 2: Nautilus REVIEW!

Hey Everyone… I worked hard on this review and I hope you like it!

One Drop: Code 2 Nautilus

My first yoyo review!
(Pictures are at the bottom)

Hello everyone. This will be a review on the One Drop Code 2: Nautilus Yo-Yo. Constructive criticism (and compliments!) much appreciated, I also appreciate general feedback.

SPECS:
Diameter: 56 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 44 mm / 1.73 inches
Gap Width:4.85 mm / .19 inches
Weight:66.8 grams
Bearing Size: One Drop 10 Ball Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: One Drop Flow Groove Pads

History: This yoyo was the second attempt by One Drop to create a Yo-Yo that was chosen by the community. One member on this forum(jrodriguez) came up with the design that won. He wanted a wide shape, with a lot of room to catch on the string, and geared towards 5a and 1a high performance play. This Yo-Yo was preceded by the Code 1.

First Impressions: I received this yoyo with the Burning Ember Color. When I opened the small cardboard box that the yoyo came in, I was STUNNED by the beautiful gold, yellow, and orange, all melted together with the black splashes on it. This was by far the most vibrant, and the best, color of yoyo I have ever had. The pictures at the bottom do not do this color justice. If you get this Yo-Yo, this is the color I recommend. Also, I noticed the size difference compared to what I had been throwing, but I will touch on that more later in the review. I was disappointed to find that no extra strings or stickers had been included as with YoyoJam and YoyoFactory yoyos.

First Throw: When I gave this yoyo a toss, the first thing that grabbed my attention was its silence. As I watched it on the string, I knew that the yoyo was extremely stealthy. It was smooth, stable, and it slept for a very long period of time. When I popped it up to grind, the smoothness and length that I could grind for shocked me. I stared at the yoyo, rotating smoothly and serenely on my fingers. If you want a yoyo that can REALLY grind, then this is the perfect choice. Even though this was a big Yo-Yo, bigger than I was used to, it was SO floaty! It just glided across the string.

Comparison to my other Yo-Yos: My main throws before this were an 888x by YYF and a Yuuksta by the same manufacturer. This yoyo made them look very small. It was big, but after using it for a while, I got used to the size, and the hourglass shape made whips extremely easy to land. Also, this yoyo seemed to be more floaty (surprisingly) than my 888x.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
-Color was beautiful
-Wide gap makes string tricks and whips easy
-Smooth finish makes for insane grinds

• Long sleep time
    -Stable on throws
    -Very floaty, contrary to its size
    -AMAZING YOYO

Cons:
-Might be too big for some, but you get used to it fast!

Closing Thoughts:

This yoyo is for anyone who wants the most performance for 1a and 5a. I recommend this for anyone ranging from starting to learn unresponsive play, to a master. This is truly worth every single penny! It is my new favorite throw, as well as my new primary.

Thanks for reading!

-yoyonut

1 Like

Lucky :stuck_out_tongue: … For me the first throw was very loud, though the bearing eventually broke in and became quieter. Good review anyways!

Great first review! As far as feedback and constructive criticism, maybe you could have explained how the yoyo plays (or how it handles gyros, regens, and horizontal) a little more, rather than just having your impression on the first throw. But good job!

Thanks guys. I’ll take that into consideration next time I write a review.

yoyonut

nice

constructive criticism: I think you should talk a little bit more about things like stability, speed, and horizontal. those are some things people would want to know

Your review was still very good. I have the Code 1 and I love its sooo much. It’s my favorite. I’m buying the code 2 soon

When you get the code 2 it will become your new favorite! Its amazing…