One Armed Trapeze? Does it have a name?

I’m sure this is already a trick, but I’d never seen anyone do it, and its only like the 2nd trick I ever figured out for my self, so it felt neat to imagine if something like that was possible then teach myself to do it.

Its basically a one armed trapeze I guess, but for the fleeting moments where I can pretend I actually invented* something I’m calling it Old Spice, since it goes up under your arm. :stuck_out_tongue:

*I’m not claiming to have truly invented anything in the broader sense. Only as far as I’m concerned since I’ve never seen it, or known it was possible until I thought it up and tried it myself. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not that good, nor that well versed in the millions of tricks out there. I figure most anything I could imagine is already going to be a Trick™ given the levels of insane exploration and skill out there by people way more into it than I am.

I’m not sure if it has a name yet.
It would be really cool if you could bind in the position and have the yoyo return around your arm back to your hand.

Sort of like “Pop the Clutch”

Ok I tried the trick I suggested, only to realize that the yoyo is spinning in the wrong direction, and it eats my sleeve when it comes around my arm.

You can get out of it by swinging it around your arm and into your throw hand string, but that bind is tough for me to me to land.

I’m a little surprised that someone hasn’t come along and added it to a combo somewhere.

That’s a pretty nice trick. I think around the corner type tricks like that tend to look interesting, and the one-handed aspect is a nice bit of flair. If you’re looking for ideas on how to expand on that, one of my favorite Mark Montgomery tricks uses a similar idea, but still uses the other hand for the mount. Hiroyuki Suzuki has also done some cool stuff with that concept.

I originally did it with the free hand for the mount, but I was sitting there watching it spin the other day and just transfered the loop over to my yo-yo hand to see how it looked, and liked it. Then I decided to see if I could just hit it that way to begin with. :slight_smile:

That MarkMont repeater is cool!! Thanks for the tip, I’ll see if I can add that version to my repertoire :slight_smile: It looks dramatic for its hypnotic factor, but fairly simple too… always a plus for me. 8)