Older male needs help

I am 60 and getting back into throwing.
I have gotten down some stuff like skin the gerbil ,wrist mount kwyjibo and now looking to try different things
I need suggestions on tricks without the slack element this i am not getting anywhere with as of now. I used the yoyo tricks 50 first tricks

Anyone my age have any suggestions?

7 Likes

See if there’s any clubs around. We had a few older guys that would show up and learning in person is much easier.

In terms of tricks maybe try some front mount stuff like split the atom.

1 Like

More Tutorial here

2 Likes

I did look for clubs but can not find any around Knoxville Tennessee I would.love learning in person. Just YouTube for.me now. The slack stuff I try but can not get it

Thanks for your response

I am in a similar situation as you. It you have definitely learned some tricks I’m nowhere near yet. I’ve been working on Slack Brother as my first slack trick. I’ve seen in posts and discovered for myself using a few different throws with different strings, different strings react to slack very differently. I’m probably catching the slack 50% of the time now. If there is a slack trick you’ve already been working on I’d suggest to keep trying along with whatever new suggestions you consider. Once you start catching that slack it’s quite satisfying. I asked for suggestions in the “What trick are you working on” thread and got some pretty good recommendations. I’ve also seen people post videos of their attempts at perfecting their tricks where others have caught and helped them correct some of the issues that are causing them problems. I too would welcome an opportunity for in person tutelage but alas there is none to be had near me either.

1 Like

I think slack trapeze was the first slack trick i learned. Then resource brother slack. I’m a little younger than you, and 6 hrs is a long drive, but I’ve been sort of trying to get a group going in Memphis. But I have some family in Powell, so we go there sometimes.

(edit) What slack tricks have you tried so far?

1 Like

Looks like a meet was brought up earlier

@MattC might know some people nearby

1 Like

I’m an hour from Memphis! There is a Memphis club! We should all do a meet up! I can help you with some tricks!

3 Likes

Oh there is one in Memphis that is like 8 hours for me . I am in Sevierville. Love to have so.e personal instruction.