Ok, Ann connolly.

See, see there, this is what happens on the internet! :wink:

thats the majority of people.

I honestly dont care if someone who can throw well is a girl, its just someone who can throw. People also need to accept that she is hired by YYF because of her personality.YYF has soooo many people that are good at yoyoing, so they needed someone who can present their product. I don’t think they could have found someone better than Ann, unless they were able to get Outch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. Ann would not be sponsored by YYF or any other company if she didn’t have the skills needed to do the job. She’s an amazing demonstrator and easily connects with her audience and is great at breaking down tricks to show people how to perform them. Really, to me, the rest is irrelevant. But, at the same time, YYF has other players who can do the same job almost as well as she can as far as teaching people is concerned. Also, she wouldn’t be where she is either if she didn’t put in the same efforts as her male counter-parts.

Ann just has the somewhat unique trait of being a lady, showing that “See, even girls, or really, anyone who wants to make the effort, can do this.” Of course, we know she’s not the only female top yoyo player either, but that’s not really the point. The yoyo is an equal opportunity activity, available to all who can obtain a yoyo and want to put in the time and effort. I tell kids almost every day that “Everything I do with a yoyo, you could to if you put in the time and practice. Just like you work hard on your school work and homework to get good grades, you can also work hard after you do your homework to practice playing yoyo and do anything I can do”.

The only thing I have a question with is why does she always seem to do better in competitions overseas(non-United States) than she does in domestic contests(In the United States)?

In short, she is where she is because she’s earned that position through hard work.

I will not be able to see her 1A prelims at BAC because I will be running Finals/Main Stage. My assistant, theroybit, will be running prelims. I would like to see her make finals, mostly because I’ve noticed in her more recent videos her style of play is evolving and I’d like to see what she’s coming up with.

1 Like