Offstring/Fiesta XX

Hi guys. I have a Fiesta XX and I have a few questions. I consider myself a semi advanced 4a player capable of some hops, regens, a few whips, etc… I keep having a snagging problem when I try to do trapezes or some technical 4a tricks. It also doesn’t seem to sleep quite as long as I’ve seen in videos without dying on me. This is actually the only YYJ I own so I’m not too familiar with their products. Is it supposed to have spacers because mine just has the bearing and the two yoyo halves and on the YYE specs it says it has over a 4 mm gap which compared to my 1a throws, it seems to be much smaller than that. Is mine missing something or is anybody else having a sleeping time/snagging problem? Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,
Evan

I have the same problem with my XX, I dont really like it that much compared to the original. In videos you have seen, Brian is probably using special bearing set ups plus he is dead on straight during tricks so it spins longer. With that said there is two types of offstring stock set ups, string trick heavy and regen heavy. Yoyos that are string trick heavy are the XX, Equinox and Big Ben which have larger gaps. Regen heavy yoyos like the Rextreme, Go big and Big yo have really tight gaps and are not really that good for string tricks. But this is not set in stone you can modify your yoyos so they play more towards your style (there are limitations obviously.) What I did to get my XX to spin longer was cleaning the bearing (it won’t make it unresponsive), removing the stock silicone and use flowable silicone and smooth it flat not recessed at all so it will still bind but with less friction then the stock response. You can also buy some YYJ spacers and use them to increase the gap. If you have any questions about offstring, I play nothing but it for the most part so message me with any questions. P.S. The XX does not come with any spacers.