Offset Omniscients vs Bi-metal shutter. Or another? Sub$200

Id clean the bearing with acetone, or purchase an NSK concave.
Specs are similar, the Iceberg slightly wider.

This is going to be a hard decision! She will be my - Take climbing, hiking etc yoyo.

I really like the Pixel bearings I have. They’re supposedly lubed from the factory, but it must be either a SUPER light application or something like graphite as opposed to an oil-based lube.

I bought a couple of steel yoyos to take with me when I go hiking and wheeling. They seem to hold up pretty well to abuse.

Would the gamma or iceburg play longer and more stable than my butter? Especially if I upgrade the bearing?

Ive read hybrids are more powerful than bi-metals.

Another option is the 0.99 or something with sinilar specs to my butter I like the light weight but higher end, overdrive daupnur, valkyrie etc.

Its nice going back and fourth between the collapsar and the butter.

I haven’t owned a bimetal Shutter, but my iceberg 2.0 was more powerful than the bimetals I owned at the same time. I think I had a ZG Don and an Mk1 Exia. I don’t remember it being significantly more stable.

Speaking of good alternatives, the Exia is an awesome yoyo and seems to fit the bill as far as your preferences. It’s powerful, relatively light, and stable. Super fun yoyo. Feels very light and quick on the string. I think YYE has b grades in stock for $75 right now.

Are you interested in maybe yoyofriend’s iine? I bought a peregrine recently and it’s really good

I’m gonna go against the grain here and say your bi-metal Shutter (Butter lol) is plenty. The Shutter is already considered one of the best early-mid level yoyos on the market, and considering Gentry has won plenty of contests with it, a basic Shutter is more than enough for most people. The steel rims simply increase the spin time and stability, though some will say this is detrimental to your learning :stuck_out_tongue:

As I see it, you have a top of the line yoyo in terms of pure performance, so I wouldn’t worry too much about finding something ‘better’, moreso you should use your Butter to help evaluate what aspects of it you like and don’t like to help guide your future purchases as it’s mostly subjective. Some people like lots of rim weight, others don’t. Some like fancy colorways, others prefer solid colors, and others still prefer raw metal.

3 Likes

I asked and he said he can’t remember every playing a bad one. Then I asked for one that stands out in his memory and I think he said Counter-Jet (sorry, I thought my memory would hold for a couple of days, but apparently not).

Thanks man, good points!

I have a Collapsar as well. I was looking for that type of quality and performance, with the weight and size of a butter. More for collecting and having a variety to play with.

The butter is a great yoyo!

Im also trying to inquire and research, so I know where to put my money when I have some extra:)

1 Like