Official YoYoExpert Forum Contest! - Finished.

My video is going to suck.

donā€™t say that! Your will be great! Besides the videos are based on content not quality so Iā€™m sure yours will be fine.

Yeah even I donā€™t have a great camera. I think itā€™ll be judged on the content not the video quality.

You are correct sir!

You are most welcome! If I may make a request, could you please PM the video to me? Itā€™ll just be easier so I can trawl through my PMs after the deadline and know that all the videos are in one place. Thanks :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve decided to hold off any comments on the videos myself since I am actually one of the judges and if Iā€™m all ā€œoh that was just UH-MAIZE-ING bruh!ā€ it might discourage others from entering. Still, thanks for all those who have submitted them so far! This is looking like itā€™s going to be a good contest. :smiley:

Hereā€™s Mine,

1 Like

Can someone please tell me what PMing is?

Private Messaging. ā€¦
If you click on a userā€™s name, there is a Private Messaging link to send a message directly to that person.
It says:
ā€œSend this member a personal messageā€
Located near bottom of members profile.

1 Like

You can also take a shortcut and click on the ā€œonlineā€ or ā€œofflineā€ circle under their username.

Embedding my video here,

www.vimeo.com/133360491

1 Like

I was going to ask that too lol. thank you for asking for me!

Still chugging along here. Unfortunately, as of late (yesterday) my Adobe Premiere CC has been locking up my entire computer thus rendering it impossible to even work on this video or any other videos. I will overcome this though, and I WILL make this work.

ā€¦after nearly wanting to rip my computer out and chuck it somewhere after it locking up over the stupidest things, I decided to remove the program completely and start from the ground up with a fresh install. Frustrating that something Iā€™m paying close to 3 CLYW throws a year for does not work right. Again, will overcome this, will make this workā€¦

grabs yoyo and begins throwing to take mind off of technology-related problems Iā€™ve been slammed with as of late

In all the time Iā€™ve been here I had no idea that this was the case. I could have saved myself many a few seconds had I known. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m surprised not many know about it lol

I had no idea either! That is pretty useful though.

Doesnā€™t work for me?

Same Logan. Same

Just about done with my video, just a little more editing to do :smiley: This is my one of my first times of recording and submitting myself publicly. My video isnā€™t really ā€œtooā€ professional or captivating when it comes down to quality, itā€™s my first time making/editing a video :-\

Sorry to ask this but, my video is really close to the 3min mark; is this still acceptable?

He said 3 minutes max is how long it can be. So yeah, you should be okayā€¦ And my video isnā€™t professional either, its probably going to be really cheesy lol but I hope its okay. Iā€™m not very creative. Which sucks. Cause there are a lot of creative people on here who are great with editing. Wish I had their skills.

Yeh thatā€™s fine. Ideally we donā€™t want them over 3 minutes, but Iā€™m not going to be so pedantic as to disqualify someone for being a second or two over (not that I would wish it to become a habit). Still, as long as their within 3 minutes, thatā€™d be best. :slight_smile:

Just so youā€™re aware, the 3 minute rule is for the judges convenience. If we receive 20 submissions, then each judge has to watch an entire hour of videos (or more since Iā€™m sure many will view certain videos multiple times), which is a fair amount of their time. I felt that 2 minutes might not be enough for everyone to get what they wanted into a video, so 3 minutes seemed the happy compromise. :slight_smile:

So Iā€™m just trying to make the judges life a bit easier with the time limit.

Well this is the whole point of the contest, the idea that you donā€™t have to be the best yoyoer or the best editor to win. :slight_smile:

Minor updateā€¦(well, major for me):
Video has been delayed as Iā€™m now combating a failing hard drive. Trying to move everything I can before the hard drive goes ka-poot. I still plan on getting this done, itā€™s just going to be one heck of a ride (and quite a story to share when it comes to the production of this).

While waiting for things to happen on my computer I decided to start recording narrative, using my phone and headphones with inline mic. During my recording, my brotherā€™s baby duck (yes a duck) started letting out some high pitched quacks which completely threw me offā€¦take 2ā€¦quack! Ok, maybe time to move to another room :slight_smile:

So yea, this is still going to work, just a little bumpy getting there. You know youā€™re determined to get this done when the first thing you back up/recover is your yoyo contest video project and assets. Now to continue backing up personal photos and backing up my theme park website I poured a considerable amount of love into :slight_smile: