Official YoYoExpert Forum Contest! - Finished.

I’ll be entering this for sure. I may finally have the money to buy something with a big win here.

I might not be good at telling a story or yoyo, but I’ll definitely do my best

Is there a specific title we must have for our video?

Passionate enough to accidentally kiss the concrete written my H3X when filming one of my shots, trying an idea…

Yay! Concrete kiss = love. :slight_smile:

I’m right there with you.

I actually kind of sat down this evening and kind of wrote out what exactly do I want to tell…going back to when we would write an outline for an essay back in school. While I’m not going to go as far as drawing out my storyboard, I began writing down things I want to include (shots) and began experimenting with some shots (and dinging my beloved H3X in the long run). I more or less kind of have things scripted out and actually have a lot of footage from the past month that’s been unused that will be put to use.

Yes, I’m excited about this, couldn’t resist getting a jump start. On the flipside…recording narration is not my forte, I already hate hearing myself talk in a recording as I drive myself insane hearing me talk :slight_smile:

Haha I wrote out what I wanted to say too!

Just title it so it’s fairly clear that it’s been made for this contest. I did have added rules about banners and stuff but I decided not to over complicate things. A title could be:

YoYoExpert ‘Why do YOU Yo-Yo?’ Contest - (whatever you want. Your name or username maybe?)

As long as it’s clear you’re not just recycling an old video, then you’re good. :wink:

I admire your dedication sir!

Don’t worry, I don’t think anyone likes the sound of their own voice. I’m pretty fed up of the sight of my own face as well after all that editing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great to see so many people already getting stuck in! Good job one and all. ;D

Just finished my video! Wohooo, will upload it on August 21st.

Just to respond here to a few questions I’ve received:

You sure can, as long as they are indeed of yourself. :slight_smile:

In order to save confusion, I’ll just lay this down as a rule for everyone.

Your video title should be:

YoYoExpert ‘Why do YOU Yo-Yo?’ Contest - (YYE username or name)

If you’re actually talking about the caption itself and not the title, it can pretty much say whatever you want, or nothing at all. You won’t be judged on the caption of your video.

It is not mandatory, no. Still, feel free to give Andre some free publicity if you wish. :wink:

Shoutout to Seanthegiraffe for being the first to get his video in! I look forward to watching it when I get home from work. ;D

Does it have to be on Youtube? Can I upload it on Vimeo?

i believe he said any video streaming website. But I could be wrong

You are correct! Vimeo will be fine. :slight_smile:

I’m getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow.

Hmmmmm…

I’ll be doing recording and collecting clips of styles I do. And I think I’ll do a full voice over ar half and half. Still not decided.

Why do I Yo-Yo?..
Because it’s fun!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YzWsKvJ1aNM
Thanks to Andre, and Gambit for such a cool contest!!!:laughing:

Very nice, a lot more different than what I’ve done.

1 Like

Dude really cool! gives thumbs up

1 Like

Final draft of my video just got tweaked a bit and is now finished. I might post mine tomorrow or maybe within a week, I’ll think about it.