OD 10-ball vs. Center Trac

I agree with Greg and fully support his enrollment as a Presidential candidate.

Im a string centering bearing man myself. Never experienced any more string bunch issue with CT/KK than I have with flats. I hear all this talk about it, but I’ve never noticed it… and heck even if it has happened it hasnt been made enough for me to pay attention to it.

Flats on the other hand, are rather unforgiving on a bad throw. It’s annoying to throw a dodgy throw or regen and see that string wobble as it rubs on the response. To me any sort of trade off in string wrapping or bunching (which I’ve never noticed) would be far outweighed by the bearings ability to keep the string away from the response.

Is there a noticeable increase in performance or play with string centering bearings? That’s a matter long to be debated, and in my opinion, not really that I’ve noticed. However, does it solve the problem of the string rubbing the response? Yes.

In B4 “work on your throw”. Pfft. I’d like to see anyone that can throw a perfect throw or regen every time. The whole point of unresponsive play, low walls and modern performance/shape is to make a tool that is better for the job. String centering bearings aid in this endevour én mí opinión.

Like Greg said, I can do everything on a flat bearing that I can on a KK/CT, I just prefer the latter. To those who prefer flat bearings: good. It’s good that there’s still a market for them and I’m not going to try and convince you otherwise. I just prefer center-tracs myself.

CT helps me with regens, which I am really working on.

:smiley:

It was you regarding the length of the combo, Jerrod… but not for the whole post. I merely thought I was being friendly and agreeing with you about something… :wink: Not sure where this is all going all the sudden, but I’m not looking for a personal debate!

I would say that they both have almost the same spin time, but the od 10 ball is much smoother. Where as the center track has a more grainy feel to it. The center track is also louder than the 10 ball but I find that my 10 balls need more maintenance

I don’t disagree. I’m simply explaining what I really meant despite my mistake.

HEY! Former English teachers allowed are make mistakes, too. :wink: Nobody’s infallible.

1 Like